So i had this crazy idea, i wanted to use my BB tour (9630-vzw) to tether WiFi to my ipod touch. I saw the option from the main menu of the DM for IP Modem, which says "Set up your BB device as a wireless IP Modem for internet access".
    I asked tech support at VZW if i could use this option to tether WiFi for my ipod touch (aka ipad nano) and i was told that I'd need a cord to connect the two devices. I know of no such cord that has a BB tour male end on one side and an ipod male end on the other. If such a connector exists i imagine they aren't too cheap either.
    I'm no wireless tech, but i guess i had assumed that because my Tour connects to the vzw 3G network wirelessly, and my ipod uses WiFi to connect to available networks wirelessly, then perhaps i could use the BB as a piggyback for a signal on the ipod.

Because after using the Safari, BB's browser is a JOKE!!!
    04-20-10 07:18 PM
    There's no way currently to tether a BlackBerry to an iPod Touch.

No "cord" exists. No software technology exists to bridge the gap.

WiFi and the wireless network are two completely different things.

The closest you can get is the Cradlepoint router.
    04-20-10 07:36 PM
    Yeah, thanks for the quick reply, I started researching the psh300(or something like that) by cradle point. They don't indicate support for the tour on their website...yet anyways...
    04-21-10 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD