My dad just told me that Invisibleshield has two kiosks in the Castleton Square Mall (Castleton, IN) and the Greenwood Park Mall (Greenwood, IN) and that they will professionally install their product on your phone for $34.95.

I'm not sure what the normal cost cost is, but he said you get the full-body coverage and the installation for $34.95. Said it takes about 15 minutes for them to do.

I've always been interested in something like this but didn't feel comfortable installing it myself.

What's the word on Invisibleshield? Good? Bad?
    08-08-09 09:31 AM
    I've read that the phantom skinz product is overall better. I just bought the full body coverage kit for my tour and installed it myself without any problems. All the surfaces of the phone are protected. I used tweezers to get a grip on the smaller pieces that go over the send/end buttons. I'm very happy with the wuality of the product, and they even send you two sets just incase you really goof up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 09:38 AM
    My wife got one for her Pre, and the guy at the counter installed it. Don't see a need for one on the Tour, since a simple screen cover will do the trick.
    08-08-09 09:48 AM
    Bestskinsever.com. Same thing but like $20 cheaper. Just put mine on my tour the other day. Love it.

08-08-09 09:58 AM
    I'm just curious - I thought that they were all the same material but just branded differently? No?
    08-08-09 10:43 AM
    I'm just curious - I thought that they were all the same material but just branded differently? No?
    No, for sure not the same, the InvisableShield has a rubbery sticky texture, Phantom Skins are nice a smooth with no skickyness. I have used both and will always be using a Phantom Skin.

Plus the IS doesn't cover of the Tour as well as the PS.
    08-08-09 11:00 AM
    It's really not difficult to install it on your own devices. I've installed them onto aboout 4 different devices myself and it is quite simple. Invisible Shield is more expensive but you get free lifetime replacements. You will need these because after awhile stuff like this requires to be changed out. I think you get what you pay for with this product. Also, I love the texture/grip it gives the phone. Depends on personal preferences I'm sure, but it's great on my 8900.

08-08-09 11:25 AM
    Bestskinsever.com. Same thing but like $20 cheaper. Just put mine on my tour the other day. Love it.

I have too disagree I have had both Zagg and Bestskins...no comparison in my humble opionon.
    08-08-09 12:07 PM
    I had IS installed at best buy only problem was the guy did not install the bottom piece. I was in a rush and didn't check before I left the store but IS is sending me a new kit. Good customer service. I like the feel of the product, it gives it some nice grip.

08-08-09 12:10 PM
    My dad just told me that Invisibleshield has two kiosks in the Castleton Square Mall (Castleton, IN) and the Greenwood Park Mall (Greenwood, IN) and that they will professionally install their product on your phone for $34.95.

I'm not sure what the normal cost cost is, but he said you get the full-body coverage and the installation for $34.95. Said it takes about 15 minutes for them to do.

I've always been interested in something like this but didn't feel comfortable installing it myself.

The word is good. Military grade protection. You only pay an extra 5 bucks for them to install it? Sounds like a good investment. Just remember, invisishield only protects from scratches, it does nothing in the event you drop your phone like maybe silicone or something would!.
    08-08-09 12:13 PM
    I have too disagree I have had both Zagg and Bestskins...no comparison in my humble opionon.
    Invisible Shields and BestSkinsEver are both cut from sheets of 3M Scotchcal. No idea what a PhantomSkinz is.

On another note, I'm guessing (by comparing to their past products and competitors' Tour products) that the IS for the Tour is going to be somewhere between 12 and 16 individual pieces, with lots of edges on curved surfaces. I'm doubting someone can apply all of it well in 15 minutes.
    08-08-09 09:54 PM
    Best Buy does it.. AND well I might add. 20.99 for the invisible shield and 7.99, for the install..
    08-08-09 10:22 PM
    i got my invisible shield done "professionally" at a mall kiosk. i put this in quotes because the guy doing it had just graduated high school and it was his summer job. i originally got only the screen done. was crooked. so i took it back and told him to redo it and got the full body protection. looks amazing. feels sticky at first but heals up. also to me the screen looks more vibrant with protection. i also use a silicone case over my invisible shield. well worth it.
    08-08-09 10:23 PM
    forgot to add that its actually ten pieces (quick count). and i took the top piece off that covers blackberry stamp and LED light and the bottom piece off that covers verizon stamp. looks better that way to me.
    08-08-09 10:27 PM
    I'm really torn whether to go the Invisible Shield route or not. My dad got his phone (a Nokia smartphone) done at the Invisible Shield kiosk in the mall and it looks pretty darn good. He had it done sometime today so it obviously hasn't been 24 hours and there is absolutely no "rubbery sticky texture" as someone mentioned above. It was very smooth.

I'm on about my 4th different case for my Tour. This is the one that just came today:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=tskVod2a

I got the Smoke colored case. It looks pretty nice, but after seeing my dad's phone after getting the full-body protection from Invisible Shield, I'm kind of leaning that way.

For the people that have Invisible Shield, do you like it? I wanted to see a phone in it first before I considered it and I was impressed that fingermarks and earmarks were pretty easily wiped away.

Still debating on this.....someone convince me one way or another....haha. I wouldn't even be thinking about it if there wasn't someplace to install it for me. I guarantee I would screw that up if I did it myself.

I'm also debating whether it's better to go to the mall or to Best Buy. My dad said the kiosk in the mall is offering a 2-week money back deal if you don't like it.
    08-10-09 06:39 PM
    I took another look at my dad's phone and one thing I didn't like was that stuff seemed to stick around the edges...like little dust particles or whatever. Is that across the board for any of the things like this....Invisible Shield, Phantom, BSE? I don't think I would like that part if it's the case.
    08-10-09 08:42 PM
    I love the product. I purchased and installed myself. Its not bad, but I would have paid an extra 10 bucks to have someone do it how has done it multiple times before! Its a no-brainer if you are close to one of these kiosks.

08-10-09 08:50 PM
    I took another look at my dad's phone and one thing I didn't like was that stuff seemed to stick around the edges...like little dust particles or whatever. Is that across the board for any of the things like this....Invisible Shield, Phantom, BSE? I don't think I would like that part if it's the case.
    Everyone is going to have a different opinion regarding his/her preference, but yes, these skins do tend to "attract" lint in the seam areas.

I've used PhantomSkinz, Body Guardz, Best Skins Ever, and Invisible Shields. That is my personal order of preference (PhantomSkinz most favorite, Invisible Shields least favorite).

From my personal experience, the Invisible Shields was the worst in terms of collecting lint at the edges/seams. I also found that they tended to come up at the edges a little bit. I didn't like the way they made my screen look (an "orange peel" type of look), although that might have been improved since I used them.

For the Tour, I believe that PhantomSkinz has the fewest number of pieces, which means fewer edges/seams and less places to collect lint and dust. I also prefer the way PhantomSkinz looks on my BB, although Body Guardz runs a close second in that department.

It really comes down to personal preference. Keep in mind that while some of the skins can be pricey (ie, Invisible Shields), they are all easily removable and they don't leave any gunk on the phone, so you can always remove the skin if you decide you don't like it.

I customized my Tour's full-body coverage and didn't cover the back/battery door and sides because I live the rubberized feel; I did cover the bezel. I had to do some mixing and matching to cover exactly what I wanted, but that's what worked best for me---most of the coverage is with PhantomSkinz.
    08-10-09 08:56 PM
    I got an invisible shield... Hands down the best protection. I even took my keys to the screen and nothing happened.

though it was a time consuming task, I did it myself and it came out decent and at least I learned how to do it better for next time.

Why pay someone else to do it when you can learn yourself
    08-10-09 09:02 PM
    I bought the Invisible Shield from Best Buy and had them install it, as I am pretty inept. I heard about the "orange peel" effect but stupidly wasn't sure what that meant. I'm thinking I found out, since my screen looks...wavy? The clerk said it was normal and would wear off. Will it smooth out or did I get taken?
    08-10-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD