hey guys and gals, tour user with sprint. what sucks is i can't text certain contacts from outside the us, sprint doesnt allow texting to all carriers outside of the us which is wack. any1 know some online international texting sites/bb apps/pc apps i can use?

next question, i flew out of us couple weeks ago, unlocked my tour prior to leaving, have sprint international dialing feature in my plan already, yet when i arrive to other locations i cant send or receive calls! is it my simcard that has to be unlocked as well?? if so any1 know the means i can do so? i had to resort to using a prepaid simcard from sweden.
    09-06-09 12:54 AM
    google voice. search for it and read the forums of google voice to find out how this works.
    09-06-09 12:55 AM
    I have no problem texting international numbers simply by texting with the 011 and the number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 03:10 AM
    BBM(blackberry messenger) works for free internationally. done it before and it is flawless
    09-06-09 07:49 AM
    hmm ill look into google voice, signed up for the invite.
    the thing about texting, it wont allow intl texting to all celly carriers, only a certain list thats on the sprint site.
    and when ive been in germany and sweden, both times i couldnt make calls or receive, let alone use bbm. luckily had a simcard with me. i atleast need to roam internationally sometimes with my own sprint simcard lol
    09-06-09 11:46 AM
    next question, i flew out of us couple weeks ago, unlocked my tour prior to leaving, have sprint international dialing feature in my plan already, yet when i arrive to other locations i cant send or receive calls! is it my simcard that has to be unlocked as well?? if so any1 know the means i can do so? i had to resort to using a prepaid simcard from sweden.
    To my understanding, you unlock the phone to be able to use foreign SIM cards in your Tour. Otherwise, you're only able to use the SIM card that came with your phone. It sounds like Sprint messed up your international roaming plan. It's best to activate the international calling plan a few days prior to leaving, then checking with them a day later to make sure it's been activating and all is working.
    09-06-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD