Problem
    I have recently aquired an used Tour 9630 for 5$, everything works perfect except for one thing. When the tour is exposed to sunlight, the keyboard turns off and the tour works perfectly. But when its dark and the keyboard backlight comes on, the tour keeps typng hlhlhlhl and freezing up.

I want to know if there is a way to make it so that the keyboard backlight will never turn on? Is there any app that helps control the lights? Or is there a method to disable the light sensor completley? whether by app or opening up the phone?

Questions

I also have some questions, being a new user and all

- Fido offers a 1 day data pass service, I didnt activate it yet but when I try to open my brower it says contact my service provider, do I need a BIS? What exactly counts as that?

- I also cannot find the app store on my BB, do I need to download from online?

- Is there any way to plug my BB into the computer and download apps like that?
    05-08-12 04:20 PM
    You will need an active BlackBerry Data Plan (BIS) in order to use BlackBerry Data features such as the BlackBerry Browser, BlackBerry App World, BlackBerry Messenger, Twitter, Facebook, Google Maps, push email, etc.

As to the keyboard, it sounds like it has moisture damage. You likely are going to be better off with a different device.
    05-08-12 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD