Just upgraded to 5.0 and experiencing problems with my ringtones for instant messaging. Prior to upgrade, I had a unique ringtone for each contact. While they are now still there, when I get an IM the ringtone is not the one set up for the contact. Any ideas?
    02-07-10 02:54 AM
    I'm not sure if there is a "magic cure" for the IM ringer, but I had to set each one manually through the contact list. I tried & tried to set a universal IM tone through the sound profiles, but it failed.

Just go into your contact list, choose a name, Edit, then scroll down to the Custom ringtones & alerts. Choose Messages, then select the tone for the IM sound.

Yeah, it's a pain, but I can't figure it out either.
    02-07-10 03:32 AM
    I'm not sure if there is a "magic cure" for the IM ringer, but I had to set each one manually through the contact list. I tried & tried to set a universal IM tone through the sound profiles, but it failed.

Just go into your contact list, choose a name, Edit, then scroll down to the Custom ringtones & alerts. Choose Messages, then select the tone for the IM sound.

Yeah, it's a pain, but I can't figure it out either.
    I had all the ringtones set up in my contacts list prior to converting to 5.0. All the ringtones are still there. However, when I get a text, it doesn't play the individual contacts ring tone, it plays the same for all of them.
    02-07-10 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD