My tour is on us cellular and they dont use sim cards but all of a sudden my phone says insert sim and has and sos for the signal. Is my phone broken? I've tried resetting it many times.
    04-09-11 08:40 PM
    Have you changed your setting from Global to 1XEV?
    04-09-11 08:43 PM
    i havent done anything unnormal. This morning i recieved a call and it broke
    04-09-11 08:46 PM
    Within the Manage Connections menu, scroll down to and click Mobile Network Options. Scroll to Network Technology and click to open the menu. Then change the value from Global or GSM/UMTS to 1XEV.
    mary.dufort likes this.
    04-09-11 08:49 PM
    You can use it with a sim card... set it to be disabled to the GSM network and see if it's working.. try also contact US cellular.. ask them about it.. it was working until now? because if not you can also unlock the device and use it with a sim card of the carrier you would like to...
    04-14-11 11:34 AM
    If one is using the device on his own CDMA carrier's network, it will work without even having a SIM card inserted.
    04-14-11 11:39 AM
    Within the Manage Connections menu, scroll down to and click Mobile Network Options. Scroll to Network Technology and click to open the menu. Then change the value from Global or GSM/UMTS to 1XEV.

WOW! Thank you so much! I have had this phone for almost a month now, no problems to date... well, that is until my phone decided to restart itself for no apparent reason and when it came back on it said "insert sim card," WTF? I'm like "um, no... because I don't have a sim card and I'm NOT buying one." So, what do I do? What any reasonable person would...take it to the local Verizon shop. Yea, that was a HUGE waste of my time. The person there says "you need a sim card." Well, if I needed a sim card then I wouldn't have been able to use the damn phone in the first place, right? "uh, you need a sim card." Wow, thanks for your help you moron!

So, anyway thank you so much for your help, because I don't want to trek around trying to buy some idiotic sim card when I haven't needed one all along and I simply changed the setting (don't know how it got changed anyway) and PROBLEM SOLVED. Again, THANK YOU!
    05-10-11 07:23 PM
    you do not need a sim card for any cdma networks. i have a sprint sim card from using it overseas. but it will work with or without one inserted on cdma. the verizon guy you talked to was a moron.
    05-10-11 08:55 PM
    WOW! Thank you so much! I have had this phone for almost a month now, no problems to date... well, that is until my phone decided to restart itself for no apparent reason and when it came back on it said "insert sim card," WTF? I'm like "um, no... because I don't have a sim card and I'm NOT buying one." So, what do I do? What any reasonable person would...take it to the local Verizon shop. Yea, that was a HUGE waste of my time. The person there says "you need a sim card." Well, if I needed a sim card then I wouldn't have been able to use the damn phone in the first place, right? "uh, you need a sim card." Wow, thanks for your help you moron!

So, anyway thank you so much for your help, because I don't want to trek around trying to buy some idiotic sim card when I haven't needed one all along and I simply changed the setting (don't know how it got changed anyway) and PROBLEM SOLVED. Again, THANK YOU!
    more than likely you did not go to a verizon corporate store. they would have tried to fix the problem or gotten a replacement if the phone was under warranty.
    05-11-11 07:56 AM
    Have you changed your setting from Global to 1XEV?
    Wow thank you! I woke up this morning and my phone said SOS! When I looked at the network connections it said I was on T-Mobile! WTH! Does anyone know why this happens?
    07-15-11 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD