I just joined crackberry.com and I am looking to purchase my first blackberry phone. The reason I want a blackberry is because I need a really efficient calendar and task lisk but I am not the most organized person and I forget a lot of things. I am not the type of person who wants to sit at my computer and put everything on outlook and then sinc it to my phone. I want to enter everything on my phone as I go. Voice notes would be great too.

So...Should I get the Storm2, the tour, or should I wait until another version of the tour comes out because I want to get the most up-to-date phone since they become so out-of-date so quickly.

Thanks for taking your time to answer!
    10-28-09 10:52 AM
    why dont you go down to the store and play with them until you decide which one you like better? wouldnt that be better than someone telling you which to buy?
    10-28-09 11:04 AM
    So...Should I get the Storm2, the tour, or should I wait until another version of the tour comes out because I want to get the most up-to-date phone since they become so out-of-date so quickly.

Thanks for taking your time to answer!
    If you play the waiting game, you'll never get anything (let alone a BB)!

The Storm and Tour are completely different, it's a matter of personal preference. I personally think the 9700 is the best.
    10-28-09 11:12 AM
    if your a typer texter emailer....get the Tour

Which carrier are u with?

welcome to the forums
    10-28-09 11:12 AM

Which carrier are u with?

welcome to the forums

Thanks for the welcome mapimages! I am with Verizon
    10-28-09 11:36 AM
    you should prob wait a couple months according to a vid on the front page here at crackberry the tour2 will be out before christmas
    10-28-09 12:03 PM
    Get the Motorola Droid.
    10-28-09 12:07 PM
    so...assuming the OP is looking for...a blackberry? we can ignore the Droid comment and get back on topic

i agree with the other posts, go to a store and play with both the phones. The Tour is easier to type on as it has a real QWERTY keyboard where as the Storm2 is touchscreen only (some would argue that the storm/storm2 are not bad to type on all) it boils down to a matter of preference.

as for the "Tour2" or "Essex" as it's codenamed, it's the same specs as the Tour with the addition of WiFi and they replaced the trackball with a track"pad" so it depends mainly on whether or not you have a need/use for Wifi.

i chose the Tour because i love the keyboard, i've had all touchscreen phones before and keep finding myself going back to a real keyboard, i find it easier to peck out emails and texts.

if you go with a Tour i would imagine all the quirks it had at launch are worked out, my Tour has been perfect, it's fast, stable and durable.
    10-28-09 02:01 PM
    I agree with EdgeM - Preference - It is a relative cut and dry decision - If you like qwerty - Go with the Tour -- If you like touch screen -- go for the Storm -- Or if you like both (Go with Palm - Kiddin') - I would hold off on a Tour II - Wait on the quirks/bugs to be worked out - usually takes about 6 months from launch -- GO TO STORE and check em' all out - Best way to do it
    10-28-09 03:02 PM
    Agreed^^^^^^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 03:21 PM
    Get the Motorola Droid.
    agreed. I was just talking about this on another thread.

Sadly, I'm going to jump ship and get this device. I love BB's but they are stale.

The droid is going to be a wicked phone.

Check out the "new" site

Droid from Verizon Wireless
    10-28-09 03:35 PM
    agreed. I was just talking about this on another thread.

Sadly, I'm going to jump ship and get this device. I love BB's but they are stale.

The droid is going to be a wicked phone.

Check out the "new" site

Droid from Verizon Wireless
    I'm honestly very jealous. How can anyone pass up a 5 MP camera, free turn-by-turn navigation, and a 3.7" screen? Will you be selling your Tour on eBay?
    10-28-09 03:39 PM
    I'm honestly very jealous. How can anyone pass up a 5 MP camera, free turn-by-turn navigation, and a 3.7" screen? Will you be selling your Tour on eBay?
    yeah....what are you going to do. Wait it out for a year?

I can't wait for the release, but I will wait a few weeks before purchasing to see how it all falls into place.
    10-28-09 03:49 PM
    The carrier makes clear its intention to edge out the iPhone 3GS and is pricing the Droid at $200 when paired with at least $70 per month in voice and data plans, albeit with a $100 mail-in rebate when at retail. The phone should ship online and to stores on November 6th.

nice video here...this is just sick : )

Motorola Droid official, to match iPhone's price | Electronista
    Last edited by cereal killer; 10-28-09 at 03:55 PM.
    10-28-09 03:51 PM
    yeah....what are you going to do. Wait it out for a year?

I can't wait for the release, but I will wait a few weeks before purchasing to see how it all falls into place.
    Yep, waiting it out is the plan. Unfortunately I have to wait until 2011, so hopefully a new Droid will be out by then. (Note to self: never sign a 2-year contract ever again)
    10-28-09 03:55 PM
    You can upgrade once a year... Or just get a second line...
    10-28-09 04:00 PM
    You can upgrade once a year... Or just get a second line...
    Like I said, I upgraded on a 2-year price, so my upgrade doesn't come until Spring 2011 unfortunately. If you know any work-arounds, I'm all ears.
    10-28-09 04:04 PM
    I think we are screwed jorGeorge lol

I'll sell my Curve and Tour to cover retail price of the Droid
    10-28-09 04:10 PM
    I think we are screwed jorGeorge lol

I'll sell my Curve and Tour to cover retail price of the Droid
    LOL, sounds like it. Good luck selling the Tour. I'm not so willing to go that far. It's not that I hate the Tour, but like I said, Moto Droid + Tour2 upcoming has left a bad taste in mouth.
    10-28-09 04:12 PM
    LOL, sounds like it. Good luck selling the Tour. I'm not so willing to go that far. It's not that I hate the Tour, but like I said, Moto Droid + Tour2 upcoming has left a bad taste in mouth.
    I feel ya...sux to be stuck in a 2 year contract.....not too sure if the Tour will come out as soon as this year. Early next year I can understand. There were rumors of the S2 coming out shortly after S1's release and it never panned out.

Nevertheless they got us : )
    10-28-09 04:27 PM
    I feel ya...sux to be stuck in a 2 year contract.....not too sure if the Tour will come out as soon as this year. Early next year I can understand. There were rumors of the S2 coming out shortly after S1's release and it never panned out.

Nevertheless they got us : )
    Yeah, I highly doubt it would come out before the end of the year, but anything less than one year from the Tour launch still seems too soon. But saying that, if it were to launch in say, July 2010, it needs to be better spec-wise that just WiFi and a trackpad. So I guess after all, it's just me wanting the Droid more, and less of me caring about the Tour 2.

Oh well, I'll just try and ignore it. Avoid CrackBerry for a while, if possible.
    10-28-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD