Title kind of says it all.

I want to extend the number of rings before voicemail answers. Funny thing is I called Verizon and they said it was a phone feature not a network setting.

Does anyone know how do this?
    09-17-09 07:15 AM
    Call Verizon again. The person you talked to didn't know what they were talking about. Tell them you want to increase the length of time before your calls go to voicemail and they can do it. It blows my mind how clueless some of these customer service people are.
    09-17-09 07:24 AM
    I agree with donnation. I adjust the number of rings myself but its not done with the phone its self. Call your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 07:32 AM
    Title kind of says it all.

I want to extend the number of rings before voicemail answers. Funny thing is I called Verizon and they said it was a phone feature not a network setting.

Does anyone know how do this?
    As mentioned, it is based on time set at Verizon. One thing to note....the time starts when the call connects. The reason I mention this is your phone actually ringing can take a few seconds after that as it goes through. This is why you will sometimes see varying amounts of rings before it goes to voicemail. A good way to check is to call your phone from another one and start keeping track as the phone you are calling from connects.
    09-17-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD