I am a verizon carrier and I recently upgraded from a curve to a tour 9630. I am on a business enterprise server that syncs with my outlook. On my old curve and other BB's, when I would receive a call from someone in my address book, the screen would display: the person's name, their number, and in parentheses- what contact number that was, ex: (work) (mobile), etc.. These are all still listed in my outlook and blackberry address book correctly. Now on my tour, on incoming calls from individuals in my address book, it only lists their name and number. The parentheses that listed what contact type their number was, has dissapeared and since I don't memorize #'s anymore, I dont know where they're calling from. Is this a glitch or a removed feature on the Tour? Or is it a setting that I can't find?
    08-18-09 02:53 PM
    I had a similar problem with my work BB phone which is also hooked up to BES. I hope the following will help -

proceed to Options>Security Options>General Settings>Content Protection>Include Contacts - this should read "No". I learned this usually happens with BES Security update.
    08-18-09 03:10 PM
    I had a similar problem with my work BB phone which is also hooked up to BES. I hope the following will help -

proceed to Options>Security Options>General Settings>Content Protection>Include Contacts - this should read "No". I learned this usually happens with BES Security update.
    Mines is already set to "No" and I still don't see the contacts type of # still.
    08-18-09 03:23 PM
    Hi- thanks for responding. Unfortunately adjusting that settting still doesn't help. I just got off with Verizon and spent 30 minutes on with them and they can't figure it out. All they could say was do a hard reset, but I can't see how the way the BES sync'd my phone could have anything to do with this. Any other advice? Or does anyone have a Tour where it does show what contact type the # is?
    08-18-09 03:30 PM
    Sorry to hear about your trouble. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with Tour attached to a BES. I have the Tour, but it's on BIS. If I happen to read something else I'll be sure to write back. Good luck in the meantime.
    08-18-09 03:37 PM
    Hi
    I am having the same problem as well on my Tour. I am on BIS. But the odd thing is, while I am on a call, and a call comes thru, the call waiting actually shows the type of number as well (home, cell, office)
    08-18-09 04:25 PM
    JRod does your tour attached to the BIS show the contact # type?
    08-18-09 05:42 PM
    Maybe it's set via IT Policy? I have BES and have followed the recommendations above and I see contact names.
    08-18-09 09:00 PM
    Maybe it's set via IT Policy? I have BES and have followed the recommendations above and I see contact names.
    i can see contact names, i can't see what label the contact's number is (work), (mobile), (other), etc....
    08-18-09 09:09 PM
    JRod does your tour attached to the BIS show the contact # type?
    yes I am able to see everything like my old Curve.
    08-18-09 10:04 PM
    I am having the same problem as well and have done everything that was suggested????
    08-19-09 05:12 AM
    Hello,

I have noticed this on the day one that I have received my Tour. I am on BIS and the default installation of the software. I also called Verizon Tech Support and they couldn't figure it out.

RK
    08-19-09 11:56 AM
    I got a replacement phone today and the same thing is in place. I'm beginning to think it's just the Tour in general
    08-19-09 09:01 PM
    Same here. I have BIS on Sprint. I also notice the problem only appears sometimes. At other times, it returns to normal, i.e. showing the contact's name and info.
    08-20-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD