hello crackberry world, i just need to know something, i have an iphone 3G and im going to enable the data plan on tuesday, the only problem is that i am also getting an unlocked blackberry tour 9630. i just dont know if i should get the iphone 3g data plan or the blackberry tour 9630 data plan. Which data plan works on both phones, and if i do switch from the iphone to blackberry i still want my bbm service and blackberry browser to work
    07-18-10 10:23 PM
    41 one views but no one can anwer, at least ask what im trying to say if you dont get it
    07-18-10 10:58 PM
    I know on VZW that I have switched from a wm phone to a bb and there was no diff in price. Don't know if that helps or not.
    07-19-10 08:06 AM
    With att, their data plans are now tiered, so i dont think it matters what smart phone but i may be wrong, why dont you call att, and ask them?
    07-19-10 08:11 AM
    I wouldn't think the data plan would work with both different devices, since with the BB data plan, everything goes through RIM's servers and use your pin for various things, which your iphone obviously won't have, so I don't know if that would work or not. Likewise, I'm pretty sure on the non-BB plan, without accessing RIM's servers, the BB won't like it.

Don't rely on me though, as it's just a theory on my part and I've never tried it. I'd be interested to hear for sure whether that's the case or whether it'll work...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 08:53 AM
    From previous experience, the iPhone data plan and blackberry data plan are two different features. I'm almost positive, but you can call CS and clarify.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 08:56 AM
    Two completely different animals.

Will the Tour even do 3G with an AT&T SIM card?
    07-19-10 09:59 AM
    You cannot get 3G on AT&T if you have a 9630. It will only get EDGE.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-19-10 10:17 AM
    Blackberry data and "other" data tend to be different if you expect to get full push email. The features are different. You might be OK with web browsing, but the iPhone browser is quicker than the Blackberry.
    07-19-10 02:49 PM
    That's a little rude, why do you want a bunch of people to reply if they don't know the answer you don't need to tell people to have you clarify something if they don't know the answer. Call at&t and get the answer yourself if proper aren't responding as quickly as you want them to

41 one views but no one can anwer, at least ask what im trying to say if you dont get it
    07-20-10 12:37 AM
    8 replys and not even a "thank you"? jk
    Last edited by Private Island; 07-21-10 at 04:15 PM.
    07-20-10 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD