From day one of me getting my BB Tour I have not been able to use gmail through the BB messages. I go into email settings, add the account, it sets it up but every time it sends a message saying the following "Action required. Update settings for [email protected]". Tells me to make sure that IMAP settings for all mail is turned on then validate account.
    My gmail account has the following settings:
    under forwarding and POP/IMAP settings:
    Disable Forwarding
    POP is disabled
    IMAP is enabled
    Do not auto expunge messages
    move the message to trash

I am able to use gmail IMAP on my MacBook in Apple Mail.
    Please HELP
    PS I currently use Gmail App but would like to ability to have both (for calendar stuff)
    11-03-09 12:28 PM
    Have you tried setting it up from the Verizon BIS site and validating there, if necessary?

http://crackberry.com/wallpaper/by/3...rs-patterns-75
    11-03-09 12:30 PM
    Yes I've tried both adding in BIS and on the phone
    11-03-09 12:40 PM
    I found this thread that seems to have solved my problem. I don't know if this will allow me to use the enhanced gmail app from RIM but at least I can get gmail on my bb...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/if-...l-read-116779/
    11-03-09 02:33 PM
    could you help me?
    I go to Iowa State, and our school uses a version of gmail called "cymail" everything is the same as a gmail account except the extension isn't (username)@gmail.com, it's @iastate.edu, so every time i try to find the IMAP or POP3, it tells me to use the gmail.com which doesn't work for my campus email. So does anyone out there know how I can get my university email on my blackberry tour?
    Thank you very very much,
    Blake
    11-03-09 06:59 PM
    could you help me?
    I go to Iowa State, and our school uses a version of gmail called "cymail" everything is the same as a gmail account except the extension isn't (username)@gmail.com, it's @iastate.edu, so every time i try to find the IMAP or POP3, it tells me to use the gmail.com which doesn't work for my campus email. So does anyone out there know how I can get my university email on my blackberry tour?
    Thank you very very much,
    Blake
    1. Log into you BIS account (uscellular.blackberry.com)

2. Set up an existing account.

3. Enter credentials (it will tell you that it failed)

4. Select the option that says "I will manually enter this information."

5. Username: entire email address
    email address: entire email address
    server: imap.googlemail.com
    password: full password

6. It should take a few moments to authenticate, and then you should be good to go.
    11-03-09 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD