Ive tried to get service on flights before, usually for sports scores that I just have to know about. I have never been able to get a signal, but yet Im sure we have all heard stories about airplane hijackings and situations where people have called out and reached loved ones, so it seems It can be done.
    08-17-09 11:19 AM
    i don't really ever turn anything off when they say to, nothing has ever happened except my phone battery die from searching for service. Besides they are putting wifi on planes now so there can't be that much interference with broadcasting.
    nothing happens... there is no proof at all of a cell phone causing any interference at all with an aircraft. This is done for precautionary measures because they do not have any proof that it doesn't do anything at all either. I think its safe to say that leaving your phone on wont do a thing and wont cause any interruptions in the flight. Just turn off your mobile network so you dont drain your battery.
    08-17-09 11:37 AM
    I have flown private, thanks to work, my parents, and I have a friend with a small cessna, I can make calls from the plane with my phone if we are low enough, never does anything. Some companies even make attachments to make your cell phone work with headsets in small planes. I called my mom a few weeks ago when I was over the everglades in south FL to tell her that I was not dead
    08-17-09 11:47 AM
    Ive tried to get service on flights before, usually for sports scores that I just have to know about. I have never been able to get a signal, but yet Im sure we have all heard stories about airplane hijackings and situations where people have called out and reached loved ones, so it seems It can be done.
    They have phones on board that you can call out on.
    08-17-09 02:51 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD