You need to either UNinstall the older OS using ControlPanel/AddRemove programs or find the folder it is located in and move it somewhere else on your harddisk (go idea if you want to use it again). Then if you are trying to install and OS from another carrier, you need to find and delete the vendor.xml file (found in the apploader folder where the OS is installed.
    ok i will try that....thanks so much for your help!!!! wish me luck! LOL
    04-03-10 06:23 PM
    Make sure you also installed the new downloaded OS to your computer and if you're running windows 7 it is not the program files. It is the x86 program files where the RIM folders will be found. I for some reason have two sets of program files with W7. Not sure why, but I do.
    thank you for the help!!! i appreciate it!
    04-03-10 06:25 PM
    You're welcome cbch. Hopefully it goes as smooth for you as it did for me.
    04-03-10 06:32 PM
    I have been running Alltel's .419 (which was recommended by several folks as a little better than Sprint's release) along with Driphter's Dv6.4 and have had nary a problem. I have been so satisfied with the combo that I did not even bother with the VZW official release. Why mess with success?
    04-03-10 06:35 PM
    what does the hybrid do for you? Can you add it after you have the OS installed?
    04-03-10 07:17 PM
    Driphter hybrid Dv8.2, based on .419 is what i have been running. i had no thoughts about getting .591. one reason i am using Dv8.2 is becuz it uses the old style keybd lock. it is rock solid. it is a little slow rebooting, but i hardly ever reboot, so not a biggie for me. i may upgrade to Dv10.1 when it comes out. it is also based on .419
    04-03-10 07:20 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD