If the att and verizon were both the same would you pick the tour or the Bold? Why? Which have you owned?
    09-07-09 12:05 AM
    I'd say the tour. The bold is bigger than this and I like the smaller form factor of the tour. Both are amazing phones. I wish verizon would buy att but that's a long shot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 12:14 AM
    I've only owned the tour and only held messed around with a store model bold but I like the feel and size of the tour a lot more, the bold just felt too wide. So going simple by feel I would say the tour.
    09-07-09 01:09 AM
    The Bold on At&t
    09-07-09 01:20 AM
    Here is a side-by-side comparison. I've never held or seen a Bold. Pretty much every AT&T customer I know has an iPhone. I know one who has a Pearl, but that's because her parents don't want to pay for her to have an iPhone.

I own a Tour after owning a Curve for a year. The Curve was my first BlackBerry and I immediately fell in love. I owned an i205 and i850 before that so I thought the Curve was a revelation. The Tour feels like an updated Curve to me. It has better resolution, a better camera and more system memory (the biggest reason I wanted to upgrade).

Based on the fact the Tour is newer, I would expect it to be better than the Bold. If I'm looking at an AT&T BlackBerry, I'd probably rather have the Curve 8900.
    09-07-09 03:57 AM
    I had ATT up until a week ago, and switched to sprint due to the shared data plan. I am in NYC so signal is never an issue. I'd have to say though, with the Bold i NEVER had an issue...so far with the Tour im encountering the known issues of rapid signal gain/loss. Trackball is awesome because i just had sprint switch it out with a new one with a manufacture date of 8/21
    09-07-09 05:39 AM
    You shouldve switched to Verizon. I know the prices might be higher for there plans, but the service is better. And the rapid Signal Loss/Gain you might not have with Verizon. Doesnt hurt to try though.
    09-07-09 06:33 AM
    I've owned both. I would go with the tour because of the extra memory.

09-07-09 06:39 AM
    You shouldve switched to Verizon. I know the prices might be higher for there plans, but the service is better. And the rapid Signal Loss/Gain you might not have with Verizon. Doesnt hurt to try though.
    I have 5 active phones right now and my Tour is the only one with rapid Signal Loss/Gain. Same places, same carrier. I would be more tempted to say it is phone related than carrier related. That being said, to the OP, i would take the Tour as wifi is no big deal TO ME, and i prefer the looks/form factor of the Tour by far. The Bold is one heck of a device though , im not saying the Tour is better.

09-07-09 08:00 AM
    Here is a side-by-side comparison. I've never held or seen a Bold. Pretty much every AT&T customer I know has an iPhone. I know one who has a Pearl, but that's because her parents don't want to pay for her to have an iPhone.

I own a Tour after owning a Curve for a year. The Curve was my first BlackBerry and I immediately fell in love. I owned an i205 and i850 before that so I thought the Curve was a revelation. The Tour feels like an updated Curve to me. It has better resolution, a better camera and more system memory (the biggest reason I wanted to upgrade).

Based on the fact the Tour is newer, I would expect it to be better than the Bold. If I'm looking at an AT&T BlackBerry, I'd probably rather have the Curve 8900.
    Just because it is newer doesn't mean it is better. After the release of the bold the storm1, curve 8900, curve 8520, and the tour has come out. None of them have been "better." Although the tour is supposed to be comparable to the bold I don't think it is better because it lacks wifi. I love my bold cuz its faster but I'm not hating on the tour. There are many things I like about the tour. Its just the lack of wifi that is the deal breaker.

09-07-09 08:05 AM
    I simply like the back battery door on the At&t BB Bold. I all ways wanted the bold until I got the my Tour. The BB Bold is Great device and is advance feature rich like the BB Tour. In a perfect world I would stick with the one that least issues. One thing that the Tour has over the Bold is the flash memory. And the one thing that the Bold has over the Tour, it didnt have as many issues out the gate. Well not that I remember.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

Happy Labor Day All..!!!
    09-07-09 08:22 AM
    I have owned both (currently using Tour) and would pick the Bold even though its older. However I am not "hating" the Tour. The Bold is a personal preference for me.
    09-07-09 08:28 AM
    Tour - size, memory, camera.
    09-07-09 08:40 AM
    Tour, for the size, more memory than the bold, bigger screen, and camera.
    09-07-09 09:49 AM
    I played with my friends bold and I have to say I like the tour 5 times better than bold

09-07-09 10:00 AM
    Just because it is newer doesn't mean it is better. After the release of the bold the storm1, curve 8900, curve 8520, and the tour has come out. None of them have been "better." Although the tour is supposed to be comparable to the bold I don't think it is better because it lacks wifi. I love my bold cuz its faster but I'm not hating on the tour. There are many things I like about the tour. Its just the lack of wifi that is the deal breaker.

Notice I didn't say the Tour is better, just I expected it to be better. The Curve 8900 looks to be at least comparable to the Bold. The Storm was RIM's first touchscreen so I didn't have high hopes. That and it wasn't slated to come to Sprint for at least a year so I knew I couldn't use it.
    09-07-09 10:34 AM
    Tour, for the size, more memory than the bold, bigger screen, and camera.
    It's actually a smaller screen, but it does have a slightly higher resolution.
    09-07-09 10:42 AM
    Bold b/c it looks more high class & bigger size & keyboard. The tour feels cheap.

09-07-09 12:37 PM
    My Tour doesn't feel cheap at all.
    09-07-09 01:11 PM
    Tour, because it's smaller and has a better screen.
    09-07-09 01:13 PM
    If ATT had any decent coverage in my area, I would be debating between an 8900 and the iPhone. Since ATT doesn't, I'm stuck with Verizon or Sprint therefore Tour it is for me, for now......

09-07-09 02:46 PM
    The Tour for sure. The bold is too bulky and the fact there is more memory on the Tour def puts the Tour ahead of the Bold.
    09-07-09 06:23 PM
    Tour - hands down. New tech = ftw!
    09-07-09 06:46 PM
    Tour - hands down. New tech = ftw!
    Although I am a fan of New Tech all the time, Id have to say i disagree with you saying the Tour this time around. It just has too many issues from my hands on experience to say its better than the Bold at the moment.
    09-07-09 07:04 PM
    Tour - more memory and smaller form factor. The Bold just feels too big for me. I also think the Tour is just a better looking device. Don't like that chrome ring all the way around the Bold.
    09-07-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD