Well slowly but surely my phone has messed up. Screen ripples when I hit the trackball,battery cover loose and horizontally the trackball sticks.

I'm worried they are going to send me a refurbished one lol, but yea its been within 30 days.
    With so many phones having this problem its hard to believe the new one won't.

How would so many phones come out wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:22 PM
    You cant take it to the retail store and swap it there? Why do you need to send it in?
    07-31-09 07:36 PM
    Just swapped mine out today at a local store. Much better built than my first. No backlight showing through the keys, the keys are much snugger up around the trackball.

No trackball lag. So far all works perfectly.
    07-31-09 07:39 PM
    Swapped mine out about a week ago because of a sticky track ball. Brought it back to verizon and they had it swapped out in 5 min. Only downside was losing my bbm contacts because of new pin.

07-31-09 07:45 PM
    I don't have a store close to me at all and I don't really mind waiting. I tried to hold off on getting a new one but things kept messing up.

I'm just worried they are gonna jack something up.

07-31-09 07:48 PM
    No need to worry about getting a refurb this soon after a phone launch.

It takes several weeks for the phones to filter back to RIM for the refurb process, and then back to the carrier's.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think with previous models (not just BBs, all phones) on Verizon, refurbs usually start showing up in stores about 6-8 weeks after a phone's launch.
    07-31-09 07:50 PM
    Good to know, i did not use my upgrade for a refurb. But i have to be honest i have had great luck with every refurb i had.

So the backlight isnt supposed to show through the keys? Man my backlight through the keys could be used as a flashlight.

Since blackberry desktop manager can switch everything over to my new phone i dont need to take out the SIM card correct?

This is the first phone i have had with a SIM.
    Last edited by SprintTour155; 07-31-09 at 10:15 PM.
    07-31-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD