Ok, media card was working fine, had alot of work pictures stored on it and was becoming a hassle to hunt through all of them to find what I wanted. So, I inserted media card in computer and transfered what I wanted to a folder on the computer. Then I formatted the card using the computer. When I put the card back into the phone, the phone knows its there, but I must have wiped the card completely as none of the folders for video, pics, etc. are on it anymore. If I take a picture and go to find it, the media card does not even show up, just device memory.

Does anybody have a remedy for this?

I already tried formatting the card in the phone but that didn't work. The phone is telling me in the memory options that 1.8GB is free, so I know it works, it just lost the folders or whatever........
    08-12-10 01:30 PM
    I had this same thing happen... only to be told that I removed the media card wrong. On my old Curve all you had to do was take it out. On the Tour, you have to do a few steps. You can't just pull it out and put it back in.

I lost everything I had on my media card (ringtones, wallpapers, videos, etc.) and it's irreversible. Sorry.
    08-12-10 07:32 PM
    Let me rephrase this. I got all the pictures, etc. on my computer. I wiped out all of the sub-directories on the card and now when I take a pic, it goes to "Device Memory" and there is no "Media Card" option, because I wiped out the sub-directories on the card.

Usually, when you open the card on your computer, the address looks something like F:\Blah\Blah\Blackberry\Blackberry\pictures. I wiped out the second Blackberry and pictures. The first Blackberry is the folder on my computer, the second was the sub-directory on the card and the pictures would be a sub-sub-directory.

Is there a way to put the sub-directories back on the media card and have them associated with the correct functions, ie video, pictures, voice notes, etc.?
    08-16-10 02:42 PM
    From your computer make folders in the media card to match the folders in the saved one.
    08-16-10 03:38 PM
    Or maybe format the card on the computer and see if the bb will recognize/accept it/let you format it from there...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 03:54 PM
    Media cards are really cheap, try a new one maybe?

08-16-10 06:54 PM
    You can format it through. Your phone.

Options/memory/scroll down to media card/press bb key on the size of the card.

With that you can repair and format. Try that before you buy another.

08-16-10 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD