11-04-09 08:21 AM
64 123
tools
    I am surprised, my old sprint Samsung from 2004 had better texting features...although it wasn't a QWERTY keyboard. Cheap looking, but the IM on BB is very good.
    10-16-09 01:52 PM
    I use the SE Xperia as my main phone, and I love it to death; being able to customize everything I could possibly imagine keeps me from being a permanent convert to BlackBerry.

I like my 8310, and I'm looking into unlocking a Tour (or getting a 9700), but... when the Xperia X2 comes out, I'll prolly be taking a leave of absence from my BB XD Though the push email and BBM is something I'll miss...
    11-02-09 08:35 PM
    Like many, i came from windows mobile (Touch Pro) and the Tour was my first BB... its safe to say i wont be going back but the BB has some major improvements needed (i.e THREADED SMS) .. for a phone so great, how could they still have a text system so primitive?? thats about my only complaint about it... and of course now with the tethering cut off .. Win Mo phones arent experiencing that problem...
    The 5.0 builds have threaded sms and its just around the corner. Or if you can't wait just load up os 230 on your tour. Probled solved

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 11:57 PM
    Don't feel too bad.. I've been using all the glitter phones for years begining with Sprints first camera phone... the sad thing is I just now got my first BB phone, I feel like I've missed a lot but glad I have it now. Hope you like your new phone.. but just remember you can always come back into the light..lol.
    11-03-09 12:47 AM
    lol, i'm in the exact opposite boat as you are... i got the tour for free, and planned on selling it to buy the hero, but connected the tour and fell in love. dunno about getting the hero now... probably gonna wait on that for a while lol
    11-03-09 03:06 AM
    Doesn't the Hero run on 1.0 or something? I think the Droid will be the first official 2.0 release. 2.0 is supposed to be a lot better than 1.0 ever was

11-03-09 04:32 AM
    Is this normal? I hear this story all the time. People leave BB for a Pre/iPhone/HTC and then come back after a couple of month. Why leave in the first place?
    the grass looks greener on the otherside
    11-03-09 05:36 AM
    I had a Curve for 2 years and on Sunday "Upgraded" to the Pre. Until I realized that I couldn't customize anything. I snapped to my senses and returned it to Sprint for the Tour yesterday. The young lady that helped me was also a CrackBerry addict and didn't charge me the $35 restocking fee because she was so excited I came back to "The Family"
    11-03-09 05:52 AM
    D-R-O-I-D can't wait.
    11-03-09 07:59 AM
    The Droid looks pretty cool in the videos I have seen. What to do? I'm on the fence because my tour has been really good to me as well as my last 3 blackberries. The Droids turn by turn and google search looks very useful.

11-03-09 08:17 AM
    My friend did this too! The droid os and blah blah then he sold it after like 3 weeks lol. Welcome back guys!

11-03-09 08:20 AM
    I made the exact same mistake. Just search my post. The one thing I will say about the android OS is that "look is deceiving" and I fell for it. Glad to have my Tour back in 2 days after initial trade. Should've listen to myself in the first place. Lol

11-03-09 09:12 AM
    I hear what the OP is saying. I dropped my Curve a while back, and after owning a Centro, Touch Pro, and Pre I had to come back. I found true happiness with the Tour LOL.
    11-03-09 09:20 AM
    What???? Wtf is wrong with u lol jk

11-03-09 09:43 AM
    the grass looks greener on the otherside
    Well, then to the person on the otherside, if his grass is greener, to him your grass looks like crap.

Welcome back. I agree with needing a tactile keyboard and usable battery life in a smartphone. It was one of the first things I appreciated when I moved to a BB. I think someone needs to jump on battery technology and give us something that truly lasts for days with moderate usage. 15 day standby time is pointless.
    11-03-09 11:22 AM
    Because some people, like me, like to try new things. As good as Blackberry is their OS is bland compared to WebOS, Android and others. I wanted a fun phone again, at least I thought I did. but you never know until you try which is what i did. Live and learn
    Yep, its the same reason why men go after that dinky std-riddled trollop in the mini-skirt when they have a wholesome loving and faithful wife at home...

Grass ain't greener on the other side at all...just has different "Fertilizer"..

Dm
    11-03-09 12:15 PM
    Blackberry, in my opinion, is the best phone out there. I've had numerous ones for about 4 years. I consider my blackberry to be one of the best investments I have ever made.

11-03-09 01:00 PM
    OK Crackberry family dont kill me but the other day I ditched my Tour to get the HTC Hero. After seeing alot of videos on it I was excited to try a new OS plus get back to a touch screen. after 48 hours im already missing my Tour and im seriously considering returning the Hero. Dont get me wrong the Hero is a nice phone but I miss the hardware keyboard, BBM, and the overall look and feel of the Tour. And the main reason is the battery life, I guess i was spoiled by the Tour and Curve because I cant get a good 8 hours out of this thing before it dies. i'll give it a couple more days but from the looks of it I'll be coming back to the Blackberry family very soon. Moral of the this story, the grass isnt always greener on the other side lol
    that was not smart. take it back. you traded a man's phone for a boy's toy. see: iphone
    11-03-09 01:14 PM
    Yep, its the same reason why men go after that dinky std-riddled trollop in the mini-skirt when they have a wholesome loving and faithful wife at home...

Grass ain't greener on the other side at all...just has different "Fertilizer"..

Dm
    it is worth it when your wife wants to play stupid games.. like the no se"x" until you do "Y". or no, i'm mad at you for mowing the lawn that way.

god bless sluts and hoes! no back-talk and plenty of mouth... all for the equivalent of a burger and some attention!
    11-03-09 01:18 PM
    I love my Tour so much I've had 4 new ones this past month! Finally on the last exchange I got a good one... QC is terrible on these things and if you get one from a bad lot, you'll have sticking keys and trackball problems. Been a long time BB user both on BES and BIS and really don't see a better phone out there!
    11-03-09 02:11 PM
    Regarding the battery problem on the HTC Hero, the problem has been identifiled. It's software issue. The problem is the native SMS app, once acitivated, prevents the Hero from going into sleep mode. That drains the battery.

The work around is to disable the native SMS app and use a free third-party app instead. There won't be a fix for just this problem from HTC/Sprint. The current Hero runs on Android 1.6. HTC has already released the Android 2.0 to Sprint. It's up to Sprint to distribut 2.0. FYI Verizon Motorola Droid is on Android 2.0 already.
    11-03-09 02:22 PM
    I made the mistake of going to the HTC Imagio. And it is Windows Mobile. VERY laggy. Sure the screen is bigger, but it surfs the net slower than the BB and the touch screen is not as sensitive as my iPod Touch.

As a sidebar: I am sitting in a hotel right now with my less than one week old Imagio and VZW right across the parking lot! Hmmmmmm.....
    11-03-09 02:44 PM
    I made the mistake of going to the HTC Imagio. And it is Windows Mobile. VERY laggy. Sure the screen is bigger, but it surfs the net slower than the BB and the touch screen is not as sensitive as my iPod Touch.

As a sidebar: I am sitting in a hotel right now with my less than one week old Imagio and VZW right across the parking lot! Hmmmmmm.....
    That's Windows Mobile. The Android is a much better experience. I would take it across the street and ask for a Droid.
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-03-09 at 03:19 PM.
    11-03-09 02:49 PM
    Blackberry> then all others hehe

11-03-09 03:52 PM
    I was considering switching to the Hero as well. Was talking to the Sprint guy about it and he was all about me keeping the Tour, said it is a neat phone but doesn't have the email push that my Tour does. That's important to me, so I stayed. Found a HTC Hero theme for my Tour so now I almost have the best of both worlds! lol!
    11-03-09 06:43 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD