It's taking me longer than expected to get my hands on one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 09:50 PM
    I made an offer of 10 and was counter offered $15.
    08-09-09 09:57 PM
    I made an offer of 10 and was counter offered $15.
    That's odd, I also made an offer of $10, and got the confirmation e-mail this morning that my offer was accepted!! Just completed the transaction and can't wait to get my new door!
    08-10-09 09:44 AM
    Just an FYI...
    Verizon seems to have possibly changed to the standard battery door that all other carriers received (which is in fact the 'standard' cover). Have a look at the phone's 360-view on the Verizon website.
    (Not sure if this is possibly related to the 'loose' battery door problem). *shrug*
    08-10-09 10:59 AM
    Just an FYI...
    Verizon seems to have possibly changed to the standard battery door that all other carriers received (which is in fact the 'standard' cover). Have a look at the phone's 360-view on the Verizon website.
    (Not sure if this is possibly related to the 'loose' battery door problem). *shrug*
    nope, still the same one i have. not sure what your seeing that's different.
    08-10-09 11:26 AM
    Just an FYI...
    nope, still the same one i have. not sure what your seeing that's different.

the only difference i can see from my battery cover from the one on vzw's site is the "Qualcomm 3g cdma" is above the door clip in the "carbon fiber" area in the picture, but on my cover its below the door clip on the rubberized part. other than that, identical.
    08-10-09 11:49 AM
    just ordered mine for $10.
    08-10-09 02:29 PM
    Don't bother with cnn.cn they sell the non rubberized cover.
    08-13-09 08:16 PM
    Does anyone know of an alternative place to get these? Or would anyone have an extra that I could purchase from them? Or anyone buying one and would like to get one for me also and I will pay you?

I am looking for two of these is possible. The seller on eBay has a restriction to only sell to individuals in the U.S.A.. I am located in Canada and very much want two of these!

Please email me directly if you have any leads. I much appreciate it! [email protected]

Cheers,
    08-20-09 04:11 PM
    I simply went into a Verizon store several days ago and asked for one off a return and they gave me a door. No questions asked at all.
    Wow! Verizon sales representatives did this?! I wish all of the sales associates had the same mentality.....
    08-20-09 04:17 PM
    I would like one also but if ebay wont ship to Canada, how can i get one?
    08-20-09 04:28 PM
    I personally got a door from the Verizion store in 1 try. I went to the Verizion store with JUST my sprint battery door and was able to trick them and have them give me a new verizion door for my Tour. I kept the plastic wrap on the door in my rubber case so it was pristine and the lady cldnt even tell it was glossy black (I even saw her look at it). I told her it was loose and I called verizion and they said I could have it replaced. 5 mins later she came outta the back with a fresh Verizion matte black door no names or questions asked!
    08-20-09 05:11 PM
    Well i was at best buy today and they have new tour metal case battery covers. The covers are almost identical to the storms metal back cover but fit the tour and come in a variety of different colors for like 15 dollars i believe...
    08-20-09 09:27 PM
    All this money we all spend on this stuff. I wish my battery door just fit properly. (It's just an annoyance). I got a replacement device today. The vzw rep said that all of the doors are loose. Gee thanks. Maybe some tape will work. :-)

08-20-09 09:39 PM
    I purchased the Verizon battery door for my Sprint phone from Mobile Liquidations (part #260458494619). You can contact them at: [email protected]. The door is much better than the OEM door. It's still not as tight as it should be, but you can notice a marked difference. Plus, aesthetically it enhances the phone due to it matching the rubberized sides of the phone - always thought the high-gloss OEM looked cheesy. It's worth the $20.
    08-20-09 11:46 PM
    I ordered a battery door from coveroo.com today... Does anyone know if it takes as long as the website says it does for them to ship the door out?
    09-02-09 10:29 PM
    if you want one, go to ebay.com and they have them for like 13.00 or got to cnn.cn and they have them as well.
    09-02-09 11:03 PM
    I got my battery door from Coveroo (it only took a few days from the stated time of arrival)... it's fits flushed but not as snugged still had to put a piece of tape in place, but it's an overall wonderful difference from the Verizon door. It's shiny, no rubber around the edges, and it gives the phone a very thin feel. I actually like it so much I'm going to order another design. You can get a $2.00 discount by using the code COVEROOFAN at checkout.

ps I ordered a Verizon door from ebay- it didn't fit at all. I also took another chance and ordered it somewhere else from ebay after a friend purchased one that actually fit--- so keep your fingers crossed. I like to have the options of changing

fyi--- the Coveroo doors are like magnets to fingerprints on the Tour.
    09-03-09 07:34 AM
    Whats the difference between Sprints door and Verizon?
    09-03-09 09:07 AM
    Whats the difference between Sprints door and Verizon?
    Sprint's is smooth with no texture.
    09-03-09 09:24 AM
    I want a Verizon Battery door as well?! when I went to Boston no Verizon Dealer would sell me 1 boo, I hate that shiny Telus Cover
    09-03-09 09:28 AM
    Make sure you confirm with sellers on eBay. I ordered a "OEM Verizon battery cover" and it just showed up and it's glossy black. Not rubberized
    09-03-09 10:02 AM
    There were 4 on ebay this morning for $15 free shipping

09-03-09 10:08 AM
    Will a Skin It stick to a Verizon Battery Door no problem?
    09-05-09 01:49 PM
    I got word last week from a very reliable source that R.I.M. has manufactured new doors for both carriers, which should be released to third-party vendors very soon. The new doors will absolutely address the 'loose fit' we've all experienced. I'd wait for the release before buying a new door, unless you can try before you buy.
    09-05-09 02:32 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD