Hi everyone. I am on my 3rd Tour since the end of July and this one is now acting up with the exact same issue as the previous 2......trackball stuck. What in the world do I do? Sprint has been awesome so far and replaced the first 2 without questions at a store. I am tired of going through this. I love the Tour when it is working right. Now I wonder if I should "downgrade" and go back to a Curve? Ditch Sprint and go to a Bold on another carrier? Anyone with real good advice please help? Thank you very much.

Jon
    11-15-09 10:32 AM
    Is there something about your environment that's unusually hard on trackballs? High moisture, or dusty? It doesn't seem reasonable that you'd get three defective Tours in a row, unless they all came from the same lot at the same store. If you haven't already, try returning this one to a different store. Check the manufacture date and make sure the new phone's date is later than the one you have now.
    11-15-09 11:02 AM
    Maybe its just debris that causes the ball to get stuck. Try pressing down on the ball while rotating it in all directions for a minute or two. Works for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 11:07 AM
    At Jeff...my environment is normal, no dust, dirt, high humidity, etc. I have been to the same store every time and the manufacturing date and location have been the same for every Tour.

At GG1...I will try that and see what happens. Thanks to you both.
    11-15-09 11:12 AM
    At Jeff...my environment is normal, no dust, dirt, high humidity, etc. I have been to the same store every time and the manufacturing date and location have been the same for every Tour...
    That definitely means it's possible you're getting consecutive Tours from a bad manufacturing lot. Point that out to the store and insist on a newer date, or go to another store.
    11-15-09 11:15 AM
    @ Jeff....I will definitely do that. Thank you very much for the help. I appreciate it.
    11-15-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD