I upgraded from 4.7, to 273 and was like "in love with my Tour even more" but sad to say I was having problems like everyone else, so I downgraded to 230 ... it's alright but I really miss 273

10-16-09 10:57 PM
    what do you miss? I just bought a tour tonight, coming from a storm. I have alot to catch up on
    10-16-09 11:04 PM
    Ummm what was so much different from .230 and .273? I haven't gone from .230 to .273 because of all the bad experiences, but what is there to miss I'm curious?
    10-16-09 11:07 PM
    Yeah...any feedback ppl have on .273 would be awesome. I run .230 right now, but I'd like to see some more reviews on .273 before I actually install it.
    10-16-09 11:26 PM
    lol, yall know the download link ... Find out
    10-16-09 11:28 PM
    lol, yall know the download link ... Find out
    If you aren't going to tell us your reasons why, whats the point of even making this thread then?
    10-16-09 11:41 PM
    .273 was no different then .230

the only big problem .273 has is the phone stalling out and freezing up all the time and having to do a battery pull about once an hour on that OS.

.230 has none of those issues and has the same layout and features .273 has
    10-17-09 07:18 AM
    yea i thought the point of a forum was to help people out and not be like "lol, yall know the download link ... Find out"
    10-17-09 11:41 AM
    .273 was no different then .230

the only big problem .273 has is the phone stalling out and freezing up all the time and having to do a battery pull about once an hour on that OS.

.230 has none of those issues and has the same layout and features .273 has
    Thank you for posting this! I wasnt sure whether to DL it, but I shall wait. Thank you again!
    10-17-09 12:08 PM
    Thanks. I wanted to know what the DL link was too. But, since I have .230, I'm guessing it'll just be worse if I updated to .273.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 02:17 PM
    I cant seem to find an active Download link, anyone know where I can download OS 5.0.0.230 for the Tour 9630??

Thanks for the help!
    10-17-09 05:16 PM
    The only diff I found was that .273 seemed to look "nicer" when you got a text it was "yellow" instead of blue and the icons and things looked "brighter/crisper" if I have spelled anything wrong it's cause I'm a friends birthday & on my 20th beer.... but yeah stay with 230 & I'm sorry if I could find a link or could upload it for you I would.
    10-17-09 06:22 PM
    Hmm ...

There were minor cosmetic differences between the to and 273 was very pretty, it seemed faster then 230 ..... One of the biggest changes was the media player !!!!!!! Which is IMO far superior the 4.7 and 230

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 06:27 PM
    it looked great but unfortunatly it is a freezing up dud.
    10-17-09 10:06 PM
    Hey,

So I took the default theme from 273 and uploaded it I replaced this over the 230 version and as I figured everything looks "cleaner" and the sms is yellow and some of the icons (like the file icon has been changed) Enjoy, Oh here is a screenshot

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    10-17-09 11:52 PM
    From my short experience with it I like the look and feel better the 4.7 but it's a little buggy, not as bad as I thought it would be because of the quicker start time from a battery pull, but far from perfect. At first it took a while for my Service Books to update, so my internet wasn't really working and I was missing my browser icon, but a reset fixed that. This is my first Beta OS upgrade, so here's what I immediately noticed was different from the current 4.7 verison:

* Aesthetically the icons appear to be a little smoother and rounder

* On start up it shows the Blackberry Logo (Name & Symbol) with a loading bar which is a nice touch

* Threaded SMS (as like all 5.0 versions) is really slick, can't wait till the platform is totally stable

* 1XEV is replaced with 3G and the Blackberry Symbol

* Thumbnail icons for pictures are in color now, I didn't notice any functional improvement

* BBM 5.0 works, espcially the Remote Restore feature. I backed my contacts using it on OS 4.7 which made it effortless to reload the 40+ BBM contacts I have

* Facebook v1.7 works no problems

*Internet seems faster, but I don't know the technicalities behind what would make that happen

Update: After sleeping and waking up a little more sober I noticed:

*More control over your theme, it appears they've made this once very simple option a little more customized. I could pick which folder I wanted my downloads to go to, how the layout was formated, and a new way to assign wallpapers. I really like the pick your own download folder, every for me goes right to Applications it was annoying to have to move them.

* My phone wasn't charing in the Docking Cradle. I had it plugged in all night but sitting in the cradle so I could see the clock easier but the contact with the leads seems to freeze the phone. I charged it normally then put it back in the dock this morning, it worked for a minute then froze. I think this might be a common issue with .273.

* On the better side, I notice that when scrolling through menus or icons there's a nice smooth blue gradient behind the cursor

Overall, it's still too buggy for my taste, but I'm going to stick with it to try to help people in the forums trouble shoot any issues.
    Last edited by bradjfitz; 10-18-09 at 11:30 AM.
    10-18-09 01:32 AM
    If you are running .273, you might want to see if you can charge your phone. I have heard, and had the problem that my battery wouldn't charge. I loved the feel and look of 273 but if you can't charge your phone, the os is useless. Might want to see before you get too used to it and before your batter dies becuase you won't be able to replace the system with a dead battery. I went back to .230 hybrid and i will wait for the next leak. Can't wait. If it is a fast as 273 was, without the freezing or battery issue, it will be great.

From my short experience with it I like the look and feel better the 4.7 but it's a little buggy, not as bad as I thought it

would be because of the quicker start time from a battery pull, but far from perfect. At first it took a while for my Service Books to update, so my internet wasn't really working and I was missing my browser icon, but a reset fixed that. This is my first Beta OS upgrade, so here's what I immediately noticed was different from the current 4.7 verison:

* Aesthetically the icons appear to be a little smoother and rounder

* On start up it shows the Blackberry Logo (Name & Symbol) with a loading bar which is a nice touch

* Threaded SMS (as like all 5.0 versions) is really slick, can't wait till the platform is totally stable

* 1XEV is replaced with 3G and the Blackberry Symbol

* Thumbnail icons for pictures are in color now, I didn't notice any functional improvement

* BBM 5.0 works, espcially the Remote Restore feature. I backed my contacts using it on OS 4.7 which made it effortless to reload the 40+ BBM contacts I have

* Facebook v1.7 works no problems

*Internet seems faster, but I don't know the technicalities behind what would make that happen

Overall, it's still too buggy for my taste, but I'm going to stick with it to try to help people in the forums trouble shoot any issues.
    10-18-09 09:10 AM
    Hey,

So I took the default theme from 273 and uploaded it I replaced this over the 230 version and as I figured everything looks "cleaner" and the sms is yellow and some of the icons (like the file icon has been changed) Enjoy, Oh here is a screenshot

Thanks Romeo! I didn't want to jump to 273 because of everything I've heard but I wanted the theme improvements. Never crossed my mind to just pull the theme file over. Much appreciated.
    10-18-09 10:02 AM
    Hey,

This is exactly what I did as well, all I wanted were the theme improvements and not all the freezing in .273!
    10-18-09 10:36 AM
    I just finished a round with the 5.0 OS last night. In the end I was up till midnight reloading 4.7 First I tried the latest leak, and very quickly I fell victim to the device freezing. First it did it while I was trying to reorganize my icons. The second time it froze as soon as I plugged it into the charger. So I wiped the device and installed .230 which was working better, except that the USB drivers would not load, thereby making it impossible to restore the device from the backup file.

I'll call it "divine intervention", but I was finally able to wipe the device and reinstall 4.7 I really liked the OS enhancements I'm seeing in OS 5. I've heard RIM wants to roll out the OS by the end of this year. Truthfully I doubt that is going to happen. If the latest leaks are this bad...then how far off is the final and stable version of the OS? I hope I'm wrong. I know the Storm 2 and Bold 9700 will ship with OS 5. But I think the rest of us are going to be sitting this one out for a while.
    10-18-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD