Ok, so this is my first blackberry, I wanted to have something where I press and hold a key and my phone locks. Then when I try to use it, I enter a pin and it's back until I lock it again. Thats what I WANTED.

What I got was this... I went to apps, then to options, then choose password, enabled and set a password. I clicked on lock and my phone locked, great. then I went to use it and had to enter the pass, unlocked, great.

Then I left my phone for a while, went to use it, it had locked again, wtf, I didn't lock it. So I assume now that it's auto locking, which I cant seem to find a configuration option for. So, I go back into password and set it to disable. Great. Wrong, not great, it came back! No matter what I do, it comes back!

So first, anybody know how to make this go away?

second anybody know how to set this up to work the way i want?
    09-11-09 06:13 PM
    The password on all BlackBerrys is time-based. You can select a timeout up to an hour period. You can lock it anytime, of course, but if you enable a password, the longest period of inactivity before it locks will be one hour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 07:30 PM
    The password on all BlackBerrys is time-based. You can select a timeout up to an hour period. You can lock it anytime, of course, but if you enable a password, the longest period of inactivity before it locks will be one hour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's unfortunate that you can't disable the security timeout but I suppose that would kind of defeat the purpose of trying to secure your device, wouldn't it? :/
    09-11-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD