I am on my third BB Tour. First one had very loose battery cover, second one had trackball issues, now my third one works awesome but again the battery cover is loose (wasn't loose with the plastic shipping coating...weird).

Anyway, check this link for Cellular Nationwide Network (cnn.cn):

BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM backplate - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,

Zoom in on the backplate. Does anyones BB Tour that DOES NOT have a loose battery cover, look like this? If you look at the bottom right of the SIM card slot, the molding goes around the bottom right corner of the SIM card slot.

Just wondering if anyone has a backplate like this, and if you do is your battery cover loose? This backplate would seem to fit the battery cover better.
    08-02-09 12:45 PM
    Mine isn't loose and doesn't look like that. The bottom corner of the simcard slot is open.
    08-02-09 01:01 PM
    The issue with the battery door on the Tour is this; the double latches on the inside battery over need to be squeezed tighter toward the cover. Simply take a pair of pliers, put a business card or something similar, on the outside of the battery cover over the center latch area. Squeeze each of the tabs separately to close the gap between it and the cover. Problem solved.
    08-02-09 01:14 PM
    You should be using a case for your phone anyway, with the case you wont notice and battery issues.

Problem solved
    08-02-09 01:19 PM
    Mine doesn't look like that. Its as snug as a bug in a rug.
    08-02-09 01:24 PM
    mine is kinda loose. but with a silicone case, or any case for tha matter you wont ever notice it.
    08-02-09 01:37 PM
    If you OP search the forums there are plenty of fixes for the batt cover
    08-02-09 01:44 PM
    My door is barely loose. I wouldn't have noticed it probably if I wasn't looking for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 02:09 PM
    Buy a neoprene cover and the battery cover won't bother you anymore

08-02-09 02:16 PM
    just use some electrical tape and put it on the ridge the cover's suppose to latch on, OCD solved!
    08-02-09 02:18 PM
    My battery cover was snug in the beginning but got loose after a couple days. There's a thread on how to fix it. Just takes a little electrical tape to do the work

08-02-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD