My history: Pearl > Curve > Storm > Curve again > Tour. So I've been around the BlackBerry block.

I got a Droid when it came out, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Droid. I was planning on selling my Tour to offset the cost of it.

But something won't let me sell it... It keep looking at it, longing for its BlackBerry embrace once again. I'm torn.

I wish I could afford two phone & data plans.
    01-29-10 10:43 AM
    the longer you hold on to that tour, the value goes down. lol and i see you're a cat person. =]
    01-29-10 10:46 AM
    I know what you mean and kinda glad I never got a droid. It seems like alot of people who got a droid now regret it and are coming back to BB.
    01-29-10 10:58 AM
    I had a Droid for three days. I took it back and went back to my Curve. Something about e-mail that works makes me happy. I bought a netbook to fill the things my Curve doesn't do well. Tethering and I'm happy!
    01-29-10 12:44 PM
    The funny thing is, I even prefer reading email on my Droid over the BB.
    You may enjoy reading it, but the real question is....Do you enjoy waiting for your email?

J/K, glad you enjoy your phone.
    01-29-10 02:49 PM
    Awww...I sooo know what you mean. Which is why I have both an iPhone and 9700 lol. (Don't have two plans though.) You should definitely decide whether to sell the 9630 though. Time is really ticking on that device. I think I lucked out with mine...I sold it locally because someone hated their Hero lol.
    01-29-10 03:38 PM
    My history: Pearl > Curve > Storm > Curve again > Tour. So I've been around the BlackBerry block.

I got a Droid when it came out, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Droid. I was planning on selling my Tour to offset the cost of it.

But something won't let me sell it... It keep looking at it, longing for its BlackBerry embrace once again. I'm torn.

I wish I could afford two phone & data plans.
    I have had many BBs, but I have also had other devices, one of which was the iphone 3GS. I have never missed a device as much as I missed my first Bold. I sold it on eBay, but bought the Iphone before the bidding was over. So there were a few days that I had both devices. Even though the iphone was really sweet. I always had to pick up my BB. To be honest, if no one had bid on the Bold (that I sold for $600 by the way) I would have taken the Iphone back to the store and kept the Bold. I'm not saying that the Bold is the greatest device on the planet; I actually thought the Iphone was better. But there is something about BBs that make you miss them. I don't know what it is.
    01-29-10 04:24 PM
    The reason is simple: RIM slips nicotine into the battery socket. That's why everyone does battery pulls, so they could lick the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 06:27 PM
    Ditched my Droid and went to a Tour. (Actually went to the Curve 8530 for a week first, but it felt too cheap) The Droid was cool, but BB's are tools. The Droid seemed more like a toy to me. Yes there are Tons of free apps, but I ended up deleting the majority of them after a week or so. Battery life on it blew too. The only thing I miss is the big screen and the Shop Savvy app, which may be coming to BB anyway.

01-29-10 08:19 PM
    i am not sure what to do
    01-30-10 09:51 AM
    Its amazing how many Droid owners I know that I have switched back over to Blackberrys....

you can keep both phones if you want, and then just choose which phone you want to use per day... your on Verizon so you can log into my Verizon online and just switch your phones daily if you want too...
    01-30-10 10:22 AM
    I had the droid and automatically went back to my bberry. dumbest mistake I made going to it haha.
    01-30-10 10:49 AM
    tour. simply put. personally i feel like the droid is aesthetically pleasing for a while but thats about it. i had an iphone for a little while but needed my blackberry back.
    01-30-10 11:25 AM
    01-30-10 11:30 AM
    I had my Droid for a week and took it back got a full refund and reactivated my Tour. While I was waiting in line to return the Droid I activated the Tour, made the VZW reps job easy. :-) I just missed my BB.
    01-30-10 02:29 PM
    Ditched my Droid and went to a Tour. (Actually went to the Curve 8530 for a week first, but it felt too cheap) The Droid was cool, but BB's are tools. The Droid seemed more like a toy to me. Yes there are Tons of free apps, but I ended up deleting the majority of them after a week or so. Battery life on it blew too. The only thing I miss is the big screen and the Shop Savvy app, which may be coming to BB anyway.

YES !! Thank You !!
    01-30-10 02:33 PM
    Sell the Tour and make room for the Tour 2

(sidenote: i sold my iphone 3GS because i was still able to get top dollar for it... writting was on the wall, as soon as the 4th gen gets announced, value would have dropped)...

With the Tour, I have a feeling the value will drop once the Tour 2 actually releases (too bad know one knows exactly when!!)...

Down with the trackball! Long live the trackpad!

01-30-10 03:02 PM
    The Tour is a nice device. Well sized and beautiful keyboard.

As a email/communicator it is a thing of beauty.

01-30-10 04:15 PM
    The Tour is a nice device. Well sized and beautiful keyboard. As a email/communicator it is a thing of beauty.
    Couldn't agree more... Had many Berry's in the past and got my Tour in October 09. After three exchanges, got one that works! My son uses an Android device and is liking it! He asks "why do you get to do all those battery pulls and I don't?" LOL If I were 20, I'd probably like the Droid more too!
    01-30-10 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD