Hi everyone

I seem to get the "classic" phone ring tone when certain people give me a call. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I checked and re-checked the settings to ensure that it was not something that I did not set correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best,
    Andy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 07:34 AM
    I'm having the same problem, Andy. What OS are you running? I'm on 5.0.0.230, and wondering if it's a quirk of the particular OS.

Ciao,

Marty
    11-24-09 08:03 AM
    Go to the address book, edit the address, scroll down to the custom ring tone
    alerts, press the trackball. What do you see?

I spent an hour or more trying to figure out why and it turned out that when
    Sprint transferred my addressbook from 8830 to 9630, and because I was using
    a custom ringtone on 8830, it assigned a random ringtone as custom ringtone
    to all my addressbook entries. What a mess!
    11-24-09 08:17 AM

11-24-09 08:18 AM
    I have the exact same issue with mine. I am running the stock OS on sprint. Odd...
    11-24-09 08:22 AM
    I am running 4.7.1.57...on sprint. i checked my address book, and it was set to the ringer that I normally use. I also noticed that when I am in the middle of a call...or if I am dialing a number and someone's phone happens to ring in the middle of the process, I always get the classic ring tone. Not sure if this is some sort of a bug

thx
    andy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 08:23 AM
    Go to the Sounds icon (on the home screen), then scroll down to "Set Contact Alerts". More than likely the ones getting the classic ringtones are there. This bug is explained here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/cu...solved-342395/
    11-24-09 08:26 AM
    Go to the Sounds icon (on the home screen), then scroll down to "Set Contact Alerts". More than likely the ones getting the classic ringtones are there. This bug is explained here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/cu...solved-342395/
    Thank you! That was driving me freakin' crazy...
    11-24-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD