The last few days I've been getting txts from 95857 with stuff about the weather. It has an error with it.

//BREW:0x010442b4:{"p":{"v":3,"s":82,"c":2,"as":{"@" :[{"i":21296686,"t":"Rain Rate 1.0\"/hr","y":70,"e":1249230239,"a":3}]}}}.

I dunno if its from an app or what but its annoying. Idk how to make it stop.. I have google maps . Poynt and where on my bb. I think those are the only ones that use the gps.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:46 AM

Alerts in My Verizon may cause that too
    08-02-09 10:50 AM
    Try replying to the text message with the word "stop" (without the quotes.) Sometimes that will work.
    08-02-09 11:12 AM
    Try replying to the text message with the word "stop" (without the quotes.) Sometimes that will work.
    Yeah I had an issue like that a long time ago on my Q and I just replied with the word stop and it worked.
    08-02-09 11:15 AM
    It might be something you signed up for on an older phone. I've heard it usually corrects itself after a few days, but replying with "stop" couldn't hurt.

08-02-09 11:53 AM
    Tried stop already. No dice. Hmmm. Its just annoying being woken up at five in the morning by a txt saying its raining.

08-02-09 01:11 PM
    I get those too, they start with 9114 or 4119 but says what you wrote down BREW...... Its not Google Maps I just loaded that a couple days ago. This is my first BB and it started right off the bat, I dont get them as much as I used to (4 or 5 times daily), now mayber once a week, which is no big deal. I will try the stop reply and see what happens.

BTW: I do have WeatherEye
    Last edited by Ramg66; 08-02-09 at 01:27 PM.
    08-02-09 01:21 PM
    Tried stop already. No dice. Hmmm. Its just annoying being woken up at five in the morning by a txt saying its raining.

LOL....I'm sure that is VERY annoying, but it is a bit funny to picture this happening at 5am!!
    08-02-09 02:01 PM
    I would def run through the list of apps you have running also check with your service provider
    08-02-09 02:05 PM
    I bet you switched from an instinct or a touch pro. what is going on is the brew apps are still trying to update, call ats and have them change your NAI, then deactivate/reactivate it will take care of it
    08-02-09 02:41 PM
    I'm getting the same type of messages. I thought it was some weather app I installed, but after uninstalling them, I still got them. I've also tried to reply back with "stop" and still getting them. Yesterday, I switched my phone out, today, got the message. It's getting a little aggravating.
    08-02-09 04:30 PM
    BREW means it was something u signed up on an older phone what was your phone before the tour? i assume a verizon dumb phone. did you have any weather apps from get it now? or any apps from get it now?
    08-02-09 04:54 PM
    I had the Env2.

I called Verizon and its from my OLD Env2 which I had to replace.. it was from ESPN and Weatherbug.

Stupid verizon store never deleted the stuff from the old phone and when i got the new env2 they stopped... but when i got the tour, they started back up.

Like I said, I called verizon, and they took care of it in about 10 min.

But yeah, at work I got 10 texts saying how fast the wind was blowing lol
    08-02-09 08:35 PM
    I had ESPN MVP on my old Voyager, but nothing weather related. I'll go by the Verizon store tomorrow and talk to them...and get my Tour exchanged again.
    08-02-09 09:22 PM
    I bet you switched from an instinct or a touch pro. what is going on is the brew apps are still trying to update, call ats and have them change your NAI, then deactivate/reactivate it will take care of it
    Hey I just switched from an Instinct, what is ats? and what is NAI? I'm with Sprint. Thanks in Advance.
    08-03-09 01:07 AM
    Just called Sprint, I was getting the 9114 Brew messages, they stopped the alerts from 4INFO. We will see if it works.
    08-03-09 06:42 PM

But yeah, at work I got 10 texts saying how fast the wind was blowing lol
    OMG...ROFL...this is hilarious...

but so glad you got it taken care of....That had to be annoying as all get out!
    08-03-09 07:18 PM
    Hey I just switched from an Instinct, what is ats? and what is NAI? I'm with Sprint. Thanks in Advance.
    no problem, I used to work for Sprint in ATS. Ats is advanced Tech Support and the NAI is how the sprint data network sees your phone
    08-03-09 07:45 PM
    no problem, I used to work for Sprint in ATS. Ats is advanced Tech Support and the NAI is how the sprint data network sees your phone
    I was getting the same BREW txt messages; and I had the Instinct before the Tour. I called Sprint ATS and they said that they'll block all those messages so I shouldn't be receiving them anymore.
    08-04-09 11:39 PM
    annnnnd with another horrible rainstorm.. the texts are back... what the ****
    08-09-09 10:09 PM
    You more than likely are subscribed to Visual Voice Mail but don't have it installed or never entered your VM password in the app. That's why you're getting the text messages bc your phone is confused about how to notify you that you have voice mail.

To whomever had the env2, it would be the same situation if you had downloaded it on your env then didn't download it on the new one when you had it replaced.

The messages may seem weather-ish, but if you look closely you'll likely see phone numbers embedded in the strings of numbers.
    08-09-09 11:34 PM
    You more than likely are subscribed to Visual Voice Mail but don't have it installed or never entered your VM password in the app. That's why you're getting the text messages bc your phone is confused about how to notify you that you have voice mail.

To whomever had the env2, it would be the same situation if you had downloaded it on your env then didn't download it on the new one when you had it replaced.

The messages may seem weather-ish, but if you look closely you'll likely see phone numbers embedded in the strings of numbers.
    I had Weatherbug and ESPN on my first Env2.. I replaced it with another and they stopped, but when i got the tour, they came back.. so now I need to call them again.
    08-10-09 01:07 AM
    I had Weatherbug and ESPN on my first Env2.. I replaced it with another and they stopped, but when i got the tour, they came back.. so now I need to call them again.
    Like I said before, try downloading and logging in to Visual Voicemail. Those crazy messages may stop............
    08-12-09 02:26 PM
    I just got mine to stop. Apparently it was due to Weatherbug Protect on my old Voyager. Kinda weird b/c I uninstalled it way before I replaced it. Anyways, I had to call AWS support. Their # is 1-800-223-2145. Don't try to talk to an operator...it'll never work. Instead get to support on there. Just start picking products, doesn't matter, but it's the only way to talk to someone. Give them your info & tell them what's going on. They called me back in about an hour and after I told them the messages were coming from 95857, she knew exactly what it was & submitted my # for removal. I haven't gotten a text since and we had a pretty bad storm yesterday.
    08-29-09 04:48 PM
    FYI....when I first got a blackberry I would get those BREW messages too...It was all of my "mobile email" messages from my old razr being sent to my blackberry....so if you had "mobile email" on your dumbphone and it wasnt cancelled properly, that could be the cause...
    08-29-09 06:28 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD