Hey all, I am a young Tour user, and was fairly frustrated that my data transfer was spotty. At times I would have to call my voicemail to recieve texts, and other times even that wouldn't work, and I would have to reset my phone multiple times to get ANYTHING to work. I called Verizon tech support, and they asked if I had used the device transfer wizard, which I had. Apparently, it screws up the tour somehow. They told me to back up everything I wanted to back up, then go to Options>Security Options>General>BBerry Key>Wipe Handheld. This can take up to 30 minutes for it to fully reset, but I found that 95% of my service related problems disappeared instantaneously. I don't know if I was just ******** or if this was an understandable mistake, but I hope my mistake will help others fix their issues. And if this is repeating someone else... well then, I got here toolate, didn't I?
    09-13-09 03:12 PM
    hmmm, would really like to see how they say switch device wizard screws things up......

I have not heard of this and truly skeptical if it fixes issues.
    09-13-09 03:25 PM
    I was fairly skeptical as well. I am no wireless network engineer, but it helped. I don't ask questions, it made my phone go. I'm happy.
    09-13-09 03:57 PM
    Its because the phone you switched from didnt have the same platform that the new Tour Did and unless you updated your Desktop Manager software first it would mess a few things up.
    09-13-09 04:03 PM
    That's what they said, or at least close to it. They said it was a known bug that the radio was affected, but that a wipe would fix it.
    09-13-09 04:25 PM
    so here's a newbie question...

once i wipe it, will i need any input from my service provider to get it working again? or will it basically be a clean slate with my same number programmed into it but without all the extras
    09-13-09 04:53 PM
    Once you wipe it, you should be good to go.
    09-13-09 04:57 PM
    I have had the problem with signal strength fluctuating since Day 1 with my Tour(switching from 1XEV to 1X) and occasional weak signal that I never experienced with my Curve in the same areas. Can anyone who has had the same problem chime in to see if there is some merit in this thread? I used the Device Switch wizard in BB Desktop manager and I've had the signal issue. Can anyone contribute their experiences with this Tour problem and whether or not they also used the Switch Device Wizard? Thanks for your input. Love my Tour and trying to get it near to perfection.
    09-14-09 06:19 AM
    I used the device switch wizard on DM5 (switched from 8330 Curve) and haven't experienced this issue. The only problem I had was that it couldn't transfer the sound profiles over because the profiles are different on the Tour. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 09:42 AM
    I used the device switch wizard on DM5 (switched from 8330 Curve) and haven't experienced this issue. The only problem I had was that it couldn't transfer the sound profiles over because the profiles are different on the Tour. .
    Same here, other than that the transition was flawless. I've told a few people to do this when they were having bad reception after they bought the Tour and it has worked for a few: Dial *228 and when prompted press #2, update roaming capability. When roaming capability has been updated successfully, remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace, see if you have more "bars" or a better signal...
    09-14-09 09:51 AM
    I did not use the Switch Device Wizard and have not had the issue you describe. That does not invalidate your experience, of course.
    09-14-09 11:30 AM
    Same here, other than that the transition was flawless. I've told a few people to do this when they were having bad reception after they bought the Tour and it has worked for a few: Dial *228 and when prompted press #2, update roaming capability. When roaming capability has been updated successfully, remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace, see if you have more "bars" or a better signal...
    battery pull, wait a minute, and replace helped me as recommended by VZ tech support when my phone was stuck on 1ex and data not working after installing a bunch of apps.
    09-14-09 03:34 PM
    battery pull, wait a minute, and replace helped me as recommended by VZ tech support when my phone was stuck on 1ex and data not working after installing a bunch of apps.
    When in doubt pull it out. Fixes almost everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 04:00 PM
    This works! I've been on 1XEV and it hasn't jumped at all sitting on my computer desk... before it would go 1XEV, 1X, 1x, 1xev. I came from the Curve and I did the switch device wizard also. To anyone that hasn't done it yet, give it a try because I'm a happy camper now.
    09-23-09 09:03 PM
    Glad it worked for you...
    09-23-09 09:08 PM
    I have two bars at best where as I had 4/5 with my Dare last week since I converted to my Tour... I've tried everything.. nothings working for me.
    09-23-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD