Soo... I got a couple quick questions. Is there any way to make it so the screen turns on when you receive a new message? Also, is there anyway to close running programs. Such as winmo you can go under memory then stop running programs if the device gets slow. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 07:41 AM
    Soo... I got a couple quick questions. Is there any way to make it so the screen turns on when you receive a new message? Also, is there anyway to close running programs. Such as winmo you can go under memory then stop running programs if the device gets slow. Thanks

Hold down the Blackberry button and this will bring up your running programs. Good to get in the habit of closing by hitting blackberry button and scrollling to close.
    07-13-09 07:48 AM
    A battery pull is the best way to correct slow memory issues. Not sure about your other question... I just look for the LED light to notify me of messages if my phone is locked.
    07-13-09 07:55 AM
    Hold down the Blackberry button and this will bring up your running programs. Good to get in the habit of closing by hitting blackberry button and scrollling to close.
    Ok, so I know how to pull up the running programs but how do you close it? I tried holding down the blckberry button but that closed it and tried just clickuing it but that didn't do anything

07-13-09 11:14 AM
    Ok, so I know how to pull up the running programs but how do you close it? I tried holding down the blckberry button but that closed it and tried just clickuing it but that didn't do anything
    You have to actually go in to the program, then BB button, scroll down to close.
    07-13-09 11:17 AM
    OK, is there a way for the screen to light up when an email or sms comes in?
    07-13-09 11:21 AM
    Awesome. Thanks. Anybody got an app that turn the lcd on when I get a message?

07-13-09 11:23 AM
    I haven't come across any apps that will turn on the screen when a message comes in. You might want to take a look at BerryBuzz in the CB app store. It has a setting that allows you to adjust the timing of the LED. I have mine (on my Storm, haven't received the Tour yet) set so that the LED won't stop blinking until I actually do something with the phone.
    07-13-09 11:29 AM
    Awesome. Thanks. Anybody got an app that turn the lcd on when I get a message?

Berry popup seems to work fine for my 8330 curve. Worth it for the price but I doubt they have a Tour version of the software yet...
    07-13-09 11:29 AM
    Berrylight is what im pretty sure its called, i had it on my storm and it worked but sometimes turned on randomly, but was still really good if it was just sitting on your desk and you see it light up
    07-13-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD