I just bought my tour yesterday and returned my Pre. Loved the Pre but just was not for me... Now the tour is just awesome, plain and simple the best PDA/Blackberry i have ever owned to date and i have had them all.

Now after toying around with the Tour last night, getting all my settings into place i noticed that in the Calender options menu there is an option for wireless sync!!! Wow that means i can sync my Gmail calenders etc.. There also was a wireless sync option somewhere else in a menu but i forgot what it was.

Does anyone know about when this option may become available?
    07-14-09 02:27 PM
    I believe that it only to sync with BES...but i could be wrong...
    07-14-09 02:30 PM
    I just bought my tour yesterday and returned my Pre. Loved the Pre but just was not for me... Now the tour is just awesome, plain and simple the best PDA/Blackberry i have ever owned to date and i have had them all.

Now after toying around with the Tour last night, getting all my settings into place i noticed that in the Calender options menu there is an option for wireless sync!!! Wow that means i can sync my Gmail calenders etc.. There also was a wireless sync option somewhere else in a menu but i forgot what it was.

Does anyone know about when this option may become available?
    You can wirelessly sync your Google Calendars now if you install Google Sync for Blackberry
    07-14-09 02:33 PM
    Hate to burst your bubble but that's nothing new and isn't what you think it is - it's for a BES. The same option is on the Curve 8330 and the 8830.
    07-14-09 02:35 PM
    LOL.. Well ya learn something new everyday, i did not know that you could sync with google calenders with that program... thats awesome..
    07-14-09 03:04 PM
    BES is the only way to run a Blackberry
    07-14-09 03:05 PM
    BES is the only way to run a Blackberry
    That's if you are tied to Outlook..... you can have it. Not for me fox-brother.
    07-14-09 03:37 PM
    Outlook, Lotus, or Groupwise :3

Yay corporate email!
    07-14-09 05:39 PM
    I am trying a product called funambol. It is free and syncs the Outlook 2007 Calendar/Contacts/Notes/Task so far awsome. Runs as a on your windows desktop and syncs to their servers then the BB portion (Storm code works fine) grabs the updates syncs every 5 mins for Calendar/Contacts/Notes/Task

All in all pretty sexy so far.

Funambol Open Source MobileWe for Billions of Phones
    07-14-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD