2. Apps that you put on/how they run
    3. Pictures
    07-11-09 08:25 PM
    The thread is for everyone that got there tour & would like to announce it

Things to post:

1. First impressions
    2. Apps that you put on/how they run
    3. Pictures
    you have to wait another 10 1/2 hours from now for people to start posting a lot in this thread lol
    07-11-09 09:22 PM
    I got mine about 5pm today. Best Buy was actually selling them.

It's faster then my Bold was. Keyboard took a little getting used to. I don't think the keys click as much as the Bold.

I put on Viigo and it runs great. Tried Message Peek and it doesn't appear to be working. I installed an 8900 theme for the heck of it and it didn't show up under themes although it did under applications. Beejive is up and running fine after switching my license over.

Love the look of the darker chrome bezel. I'm liking it a lot. As I said I've had a Bold, as well as a Storm, and a Curve 8330. For the moment the Bold is still my favorite but the Tour may win me completely over in the next few days.
    07-11-09 10:18 PM
    I got mine about 5pm today. Best Buy was actually selling them.

It's faster then my Bold was. Keyboard took a little getting used to. I don't think the keys click as much as the Bold.

I put on Viigo and it runs great. Tried Message Peek and it doesn't appear to be working. I installed an 8900 theme for the heck of it and it didn't show up under themes although it did under applications. Beejive is up and running fine after switching my license over.

Love the look of the darker chrome bezel. I'm liking it a lot. As I said I've had a Bold, as well as a Storm, and a Curve 8330. For the moment the Bold is still my favorite but the Tour may win me completely over in the next few days.
    how do you like the look of the keys the edge is different or something like that
    07-11-09 11:25 PM
    you have to wait another 10 1/2 hours from now for people to start posting a lot in this thread lol

10 char.
    07-11-09 11:25 PM
    im waiting for unlock models to show up on ebay/ craglist so i can use one with tmobile lol
    07-12-09 12:07 AM
    Got Mine today at around 7pm...It was actually funny because I walked into the bestbuy mobile and asked if they were pre-ordering the tour and the rep was confused. He then said that they were selling at that very moment and asked if i wanted to be the first to buy it...i was like **** YA.

First Impressions:
    - Display is jawdropping
    - I LOVE THE KEYBOARD...its much quieter than the curve 8330 (no more louding tapping)
    - I tried to put opera mini 4.2 and it didnt work the first time but after a couple tries it finally took.
    - right now i am currently looking for other apps...i still need to get espn and viigo.
    - CAMERA IS FRIGGIN sweet. It does take a long time to focus but the picture is amazing.
    - The size is just right...if there were some griping about the small size of the curve or the largeness (is that a word?) of the bold than the Tour is a perfect fit.
    - to be continued...i didnt get to play with it that much since i was hanging out with some friends.
    Last edited by CrimsonAvenger; 07-12-09 at 02:22 AM.
    07-12-09 01:59 AM
    Got Mine today at around 7pm...It was actually funny because I walked into the bestbuy mobile and asked if they were pre-ordering the tour and the rep was confused. He then said that they were selling at that very moment and asked if i wanted to be the first to buy it...i was like **** YA.

First Impressions:
    - Display is jawdropping
    - I LOVE THE KEYBOARD...its much quieter than the curve 8330 (no more louding tapping)
    - I tried to put opera mini 4.2 and it didnt work the first time but after a couple tries it finally took.
    - right now i am currently looking for other apps...i still need to get espn and viigo.
    - CAMERA IS FRIGGIN sweet. It does take a long time to focus but the picture is amazing.
    - The size is just right...if there were some griping about the small size of the curve or the largeness (is that a word?) of the bold than the Tour is a perfect fit.
    - to be continued...i didnt get to play with it that much since i was hanging out with some friends.
    Have you tried to instal a third party GPS app???????????

Thanks!
    07-12-09 02:00 AM
    Yes GPS let us know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 02:06 AM
    Have you tried to instal a third party GPS app???????????

Thanks!
    Yes GPS let us know

Right now I just downloaded Google Maps and its working fine.
    07-12-09 02:15 AM
    Thanks for letting us know

07-12-09 04:22 AM
    you can also get it here unlocked.

GSMPhone-Unlocking.com ::... and use promo code hofo09 to get 30% off
    07-12-09 08:22 AM
    Wonder how long it'll take for a leak :-p

07-12-09 08:37 AM
    got mine! I got there at 7:30 and went in right after they unlocked the doors. I'm the first person in my town to get it.
    Oh yeah, and I adore this phone. I figured since its my first Bb it would take me awhile to figure out, but not really. It's so sleek looking too. I could just kiss it. Hahaha.
    07-12-09 09:33 AM
    I Just Ordered Mine....... I Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-12-09 09:35 AM
    Leaving to pick up mine right now...Impressions later.
    07-12-09 09:37 AM
    Love it so far. One hardware note is that as some others noted before, the screen is slightly recessed. This opens the door for a wider selection of screen protectors because they should not add bulk to the phone or look odd given the screen recession.
    07-12-09 09:40 AM
    I still think the greatest screen protectors are the "privacy protectors". Best invention ever.
    07-12-09 09:41 AM
    I still think the greatest screen protectors are the "privacy protectors". Best invention ever.
    I bought the privacy protector today. My friend who has a curve has one and I didn't like the way it added bulk to his screen. Once I saw that the Tour has a recessed screen, it was a no brainer for me to buy the privacy protector. I often look at confidential information for work in the presence of others. The recessed screen is a big deal for me.
    07-12-09 09:44 AM
    I really can't wait to get in to the store to play with the Tour. I'm liking the sounds of it more and more.
    07-12-09 09:46 AM
    Hey CrimsonAvenger what wallpaper is that, does it come with the Tour? If not you mind sharing it? I really like it.
    07-12-09 09:55 AM
    Did anyone connect to DM yet? It says there is an OS up available. 4.7 . Has anyone done it?
    07-12-09 10:03 AM

First Impressions:
    - Display is jawdropping
    I have to admit after looking at your photos, that I was alarmed to see the menu key and escape key switched around and said oh no but then i realized it was from a mirror and therefore everything was switched around
    07-12-09 10:41 AM
    Hey I'm new to Blackberry and this forum..
    I had the Curve for the past two weeks but didn't get too much time to play around with it.
    Was 8th in line and got mine today at 10:30 YAY!

Some small differences you notice right off the bat are:
    1) The ball setup being slightly different. It is smaller and a little more raised. They also changed the color to black and it no longer lights up. I think this change was due too the white ball getting dark and dirty (according to friends who have been with blackberry for a while).
    2) There is now a key lock and a standby mute key on the top of the phone. Well they're not really keys, rather push on surface.
    3) Battery cover door opens differently.
    4) Themes! What happened to the Blackberry theme? I only have Verizon and Precision Zen which are the same with different backgrounds and colors.

Is there anyway I can get the regular blackberry theme or other themes for free?
    Last edited by ITZcoolGUY; 07-12-09 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention that I actually got it lol
    07-12-09 10:46 AM
    Just got mine! Its awesome. I was the only one there at the store.

07-12-09 10:46 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD