I have a unlocked Verizon Tour 9630 and popped in a Digicel GSM Prepaid Simcard. I can make and receive phone calls, but I can't recharge the phone with any money.

I enter the code and send it to recharge the sim card, but it's won't accept it. Does any 1 now what the problem might be and how I can get the phone to accept to recharge (top up) my prepaid sim card?
    08-30-10 08:51 PM
    you need to call you prepaid carrier as nothing in the device should affect that, however it might be the lack of data service
    Sam Fortiner likes this.
    08-30-10 09:31 PM
    Do you mean you are sending SMS messages to top-up? Have you had any success doing it on another device?
    08-30-10 09:42 PM
    WhenI call the number to check my balance it will give it to me.
    When I buy credits (minutes) on a card and try to recharge my GSM simcard *191*pin# send it does not credit my sim card.

the number is for example *191*9249585111823#send
    A new SMS message with the new balance would normally follow.
    08-31-10 07:35 AM
    I forgot to mention that I can only make and receive calls.
    I can not send or receive messages.
    08-31-10 07:43 AM
    Has this worked on a different device for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 09:16 AM
    When that SMS is supposed to come in, check your event log and see if its in there. Clear it just before so you won't have to do too much scrolling.

From the home screen, ALT + LGLG (you'll know the sms is in there just by looking at the screen you won't have to click through anything, other than the actual sms you're looking for)

I'm assuming you don't get the confirmation b/c you don't have messaging at all, which would explain why you're not able to send or receive them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 09:21 AM
    I have used other BB 9630 on which it worked, so I don't know is it has to do with any settings that I have to adjust on the phone or maybe a bad ESN number.

The seller told me it is clean, I am not using CDMA so in my opinion it should not affect the GSM capability.

When I try to recharge with (*191*pin# send) I get a voice message from the local GSM provider that it is not possible?
    08-31-10 10:03 AM
    Is it possible to top-tup over phone or internet? Maybe top-up using a different device, then install that SIM into the one you want to use it with.
    08-31-10 02:53 PM
    I can recharge the sim card in another phone without a problem.
    I will have to try to recharge it from my online bank account.

The problem is that most people in Curacao Netherlands Antilles (Dutch Caribbean) recharge their minutes with a card (*191*pin# send) and this is not working.
    08-31-10 03:33 PM
    I have a unlocked Verizon Tour 9630 and popped in a Digicel GSM Prepaid Simcard. I can make and receive phone calls, but I can't recharge the phone with any money.

I enter the code and send it to recharge the sim card, but it's won't accept it. Does any 1 now what the problem might be and how I can get the phone to accept to recharge (top up) my prepaid sim card?
    09-15-15 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD