03-29-10 02:47 AM
43 12
tools
    I don't want to be a noob, but can the Tour be able to read protected music files?
    Ex: ends with .m4p

If it can't, then it might be part of your problem.

I'm new to blackberry, and I brought my first Tour.
    I'm going to see if I can sync my iTunes library to my BB.
    02-28-10 12:02 AM
    I know how to use media sync. I used it with my old 8350i curve and it worked fine but now with this supposed newer phone i cant all it says is there are no playlists in my itunes . i have tried everything everyone has suggested but to no orevail. so now after a trip to sprint they just said HUH? what are you talking about just go through the memory card.why should i be forced into going a dif route when i should be able touse it the way i did before.
    03-01-10 03:32 PM
    I use this method with my Tour and it works just fine for me.
    03-01-10 03:43 PM
    I use this method with my Tour and it works just fine for me.
    I get what your saying and appreciate it but i already did all that medi sync starts and shows itunes but says "no playlists exist in your itunes library" this is what has been so frustrating
    03-01-10 04:16 PM
    Now I don't know who to turn to or who to blame do i blame RIM and their software or rim and their devices this has really disappointed me.
    03-01-10 10:23 PM
    So there is no one out there who can help me with this ?
    03-03-10 01:12 AM
    It could be your computer is screwy. What OS are you running?
    03-03-10 01:48 AM
    I am running xp pro the same when i had my 8350i. never had any problems with that phone there is no way to downgrade the dm version maybe because i updated to 5.0 or media sync 3.0.0.39. i dont kow anymore maybe i'll just switch to the droid platform who knows all this money and i cant get this little thing to work. i did everything reinstall uninstall. no solutions.
    03-03-10 02:19 PM
    Really silly question, do you buy all your songs off Itunes?
    What version of Itunes are you running as well
    Last edited by Borumha; 03-03-10 at 02:34 PM.
    03-03-10 02:28 PM
    no all my music is from limewire nothing from itunes running 9.0 version
    03-03-10 03:03 PM
    i mean come on they dont even have a pic of the tour for sprint so i could change m avitar here.
    03-03-10 03:08 PM
    Well i guess after every single thing i can think of being on the phone with tech support for over 12yrs and everyone trying to help the crackberry nation i have finally come to the end. that the media sync 3.0.0.39 is crap and wont recognize itunes for beans. for whatever reason everytime i start up media alone or through the dm it says the same thing "no playlists exist in your itunes library". now i appreciate every single one of you that have tried to help and thanks so much but i guess i'm leaving bb and forced to go the darkside the DROID!!!!!! all because i cant use my itunes on my media sync. i dont like windows media player and hate the long method of just copying music on to the memory card. it should be like when i had my curve 8350i it should work flawlessly.
    03-04-10 12:34 AM
    Well whats done is done i want to say thanks again to all of you who tried to help me but i made the switch to an iphone and i hate it this phone sucks but at least i can put my itunes music on it so thanks again
    03-06-10 03:46 AM
    Well after sprint calling me and giving me more reason to stay with them and finally rim contacting methey finally found a solution for my problem now i can sync using my itunes. very cool.
    03-13-10 12:12 AM
    Well after sprint calling me and giving me more reason to stay with them and finally rim contacting methey finally found a solution for my problem now i can sync using my itunes. very cool.
    i personally hate itunes but you could have just connected the phone, put it in mass storage mode and copied the music over to the folder on the sd card. it takes like 2 or 3 minutes depending on how much you are adding
    03-13-10 02:38 PM
    Please, please, please what was the solution before I out a hammer to it?
    03-20-10 04:42 AM
    I can understand the frustration when things won't load or run properly. Having said that, I have followed this thread and all of the "bad RIM" rants that have been posted, I decided to finally add music to my Tour. I downloaded the Blackberry media sync and it prompted me to upgrade to the latest version of iTunes, which I did. My entire play list exceeded the 8GB Micro SD drive so I followed some of the advice in this thread to create a play list and named it “blackberry”. I selected the “blackberry” play list and hit “sync”. Everything worked perfectly and I am heading to Amazon to get a 16 GB Micro SD card. In short, no problems and I am still happy with RIM and the Tour.
    03-21-10 05:13 PM
    Thanks Cigar, I tired it and it didnt work. Back to bloody square one again!

Thanks for trying mate.
    03-29-10 02:47 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD