Ok Ive had my sprint Tour for about 3 weeks now here are some little things that make me wanna take it back and try the Samsung Monent instead. now keep in mind my first bb was the nextel 8350i.
    1. media issue. i cannot get my itunes library to sync using the media sync.this was never an issue on my old bb. I've everything no go.

2. i've updated my phone to the no os 5.0.484 and still very buggie.

3. the 3g isn't very fast now it is a major upgrade from my 1/2 g with nextel.

4. It finally seems to me that owning a blackberry is like owning a microsoft pc you always have to updaye just to keep it running right.

come on fellow cbers help i love my bb but im just getting frustrated is HELP!!!
    02-24-10 01:46 AM
    1. Never used this. I have an iPod
    2. What problems are you seeing? .484 works great for me. But it depends on what you use and how you use it. Did you restore data from your old blackberry? I always wipe all apps and user settings when going to a new OS. Its the cleanest way.
    3. The 3G is fine. Its the browser that stinks. Try another like Opera or Bolt
    4. Yes. Just like a PC. Out of the box it works great. Then you install a bunch of junk on it and it runs like crap.
    02-24-10 06:21 AM
    It took me awhile before i figured out how to get my songs from itunes on my BB also. I know in Desktop Manager it gives u the option to use itunes or windows media player so I selected itunes. Then when I tried to sync music it would try to copy my whole library to BB, so i had to make a seperate folder on itunes, BrettsBB. Make sure you have BB set to mass storage mode "on" under options>memory then from DM BB media sync click on folder, ie BrettsBB, and sync music. Hope this helps.
    02-24-10 06:39 AM
    i tried all this even a so called fix from rim but they want you not to add anymore music to your itunes and not to have playlists. but i'll try the separate folder thanks.
    02-24-10 10:53 AM
    It took me awhile before i figured out how to get my songs from itunes on my BB also. I know in Desktop Manager it gives u the option to use itunes or windows media player so I selected itunes. Then when I tried to sync music it would try to copy my whole library to BB, so i had to make a seperate folder on itunes, BrettsBB. Make sure you have BB set to mass storage mode "on" under options>memory then from DM BB media sync click on folder, ie BrettsBB, and sync music. Hope this helps.
    how do you create this folder and where do i do it from?
    02-24-10 11:01 AM
    I make playlists in iTunes and use BlackBerry Media Sync and it works fine for me, no issues. I even got it to import the album covers. I know before i updated it, it was kind of buggy but no issues yet with the new updated version (3.0.0.39).
    02-24-10 11:22 AM
    playlist/folder? Open itunes and in the upper left click on file>new playlist and name it... then drag music to this playlist from library. Sync from BB DM Media Sync. Just click on the playlist you want on your BB and Sync Music.
    02-24-10 11:53 AM
    well that's the problem every time i open itunes on dm media sync it says that there's no playlist in itunes and doesn't show anything this is my issue. Also berryjunky i updated my dm to 5.0 what did you update?
    02-24-10 11:59 AM
    I updated the media sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 01:32 PM
    ok I'll try to see if i have the version your talking about. but one thing when i switch to itunes it'll show everything for a split second then say there's no playlist in itunes.this really bothers me because i love using my berry for my music in my cars.
    02-24-10 02:14 PM
    just checked 3.0.039 is this the one?
    02-24-10 02:15 PM
    I have 3.0.0.39. Try just dropping the music files onto your SD card. Or try reinstalling the media sync.

02-24-10 02:26 PM
    ok i tried doing like bgriff said and no go too thanks guys for your help. man this sucks.
    02-24-10 02:29 PM
    Ok I think I've had it with this problem time to call the big guns RIM! and give them a piece of my mind. but thank you to all of you that tried to help me i really appreciate it.much love
    02-24-10 02:41 PM
    ok contacted sprint no luck. rim was no help this really blows.
    02-24-10 06:52 PM
    Didn't realize you could convert iTunes music to work on a BB. I was under the impression that iTunes converts a song to mp4, making it impossible for a regular mp3 player to read. It could be that you have your iTunes set up to automatically convert the songs and that's why you can't play them? I only mention this because some of my songs on my comp seem to have been converted somehow and no longer work in WMP but will work in iTunes/iPods. Just a thought.

02-24-10 08:56 PM
    Was too much of a pain to post on my BB but here is a possible explanation for the issue you're having and some possible solutions. Hope this helps!

Convert iTunes to MP3 Format
    02-24-10 09:00 PM
    Thanks Solesolace i'll try it see what happens.
    02-24-10 09:45 PM
    well i tried it it didn't work thanks for the support oh well just another disappointment with RIM.
    02-24-10 10:31 PM
    Well after all the help yesterday i'm done with trying to get my itunes to work on media sync. i guess i'll just not have any music on my new tour funny through all the issues with my old 8350i which were few in my case. this really blows even the guys at rim or crapberry tech support were really baffled by my situation. oh another negative for rim from me.
    02-25-10 04:24 PM
    After 3long hours on the phone with RIM again it is a lost cause to get media sync to work with itunes this is really disappointing for me since this is my first real blackberry supposedly like i said before when i had my nextel it worked great if it wasent for coverage issues i would go back to my 8350i curve in an instant. i spend all day driving so i like my music i know i could just get an ipod but i like the fact when a call comes in the music stops and starts without me touching my phone.also i use a bt car speaker that transmits through my stereo. man a very sad day for me boo hoo
    02-25-10 09:03 PM
    02-25-10 09:03 PM
    Thanks Warrior i tried but no luck .
    02-25-10 10:16 PM
    So i went to the rim site and supposedly there is a fix there but now no one anwers me. this really sucks i'm taking my tour back and getting something else.
    02-27-10 05:55 PM
    02-27-10 08:40 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD