wow, bad downgrade. good luck. tomorrow I am trading my Acura for a Chevy Cobalt
    more like a Chevette if you can remember back that far.lol
    12-17-09 08:59 PM
    Good luck with your choice.
    12-17-09 09:21 PM
    I see the appeal of other devices; iphone, droid

But the Tour is an awesome phone. The problem w/Blackberry these days is their quality. Get a bad one, or two, and I would bail too. I wouldn't put up with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think all manufactures have quality control issues at some point. I always laugh when I see people saying there on there 5th + phone. I would throw in the towel after the 3rd defective phone.
    12-18-09 09:25 AM
    I have never had an issue with any BB except when I had a storm. The OP will be back pretty soon.
    12-18-09 10:43 AM
    I have yet to figure out why these folks have an uncontrolable urge to come into the forum to announce they are giving up...... their BlackBerry to go to another device. Do they really think that people care? Do they think people are going to talk them out of leaving? I get the impression that they have a mistaken concept that they are being triumphant by going to a lesser device.
    12-18-09 11:14 AM
    Ok, so in this persons defense, My audio jack has issues as well, just haven't gotten around to taking it back in, and I traded in a few due to the trackball, but works extremely well now. Anyhow, switching from a blackberry to anything else is simply insulting your own intelligence. I do not believe I will ever go back to another manufacturer. I went from a Voyager to a curve because it was so ridiculous, since then, I am on my 3rd model, and countless individual devices, but I'll never go back. EVER. Have fun with you play phone. (I think my 2 year old son has one of those)
    12-18-09 11:46 AM
    Did you even bother to think about exchanging your Tour if it did, in fact, have issues? My first Tour at purchase time had trackball issues. I wasn't sure that it was having a problem or if it was just me. I didn't want to ask my local franchise to exchange if I didn't have to.

Then I did, and I am so happy. It works beautifully. I love it. Trackpad, sure, I think I would like that more, but no biggie. And Wi-fi, would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Once in a while, my trackball sticks a tiny bit but I think that is due to some dust or dirt that got caught down on the rollers. But I know from reading here in this forum that I can safely, with the right tools, pop my trackball out and clean things up if necessary.

And to top it all off, I won an unlock code from Cellunlock. So once I am out of contract (over 1.5 years now), I may be able to sell mine and make a little $ on it. Or myabe by then my wife will want to try a real upgrade to her little basic phone. Who knows.

I bet you will be saying the following soon:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!
    12-18-09 11:54 AM
    Most of the Blackberry fans probably haven't even tried android.

I'd say choose on what you want your phone to be able to do. If you email constantly, or message basically the entire time you're on your phone, then go with a blackberry with a keyboard.

If you DO message, and you do email, but it's not the most important thing, I'd definitely go with android because it can do so much more. The app store is beginning to rival that of iPhone OS, and more than 50% of the apps are free. I've compared prices of basic games on iPhone and Android, and the ones on android were free while you had to pay a tiny bit to get them on iPhone.

If you do go android, however, make sure the phone you pick has sense UI, which means you'd have to get an HTC phone, because they incorporate multitouch into everything while bone stock doesn't have multitouch from the beginning, but some apps do contain multitouch.

I'm getting a droid eris and selling my tour because there is nothing FUN to do on it.
    12-18-09 05:49 PM
    I had the old blackberry 8830. Decided to jump into the touchscreen craze. Picked up an HTC Touch Pro. It was the worst phone ive ever bought. 3 replacements phones later....I CAME BACK..LOL.

I shouldve never switched from blackberry. I love the Tour. Its great. Im the ANTI-TOUCHSCREEN guy!!
    12-19-09 08:07 AM
    LOL..why does everyone say goodbye. Later. Enjoy, Good Ridance

(psst..thought he'd never leave)
    Wondering the same thing, myself. It's like they want us to say "Oh no! Please don't go!"

WE DON'T CARE.
    12-19-09 12:22 PM

I'm getting a droid eris and selling my tour because there is nothing FUN to do on it.
    Wow. I don't have a Blackberry for its entertainment value. I have a Blackberry because it works. It does everything that it was designed to do, and it does it well. If I want to have fun on a handheld, I'll go buy a PSP or a Nintendo DS. If I want to get the job done, get it done quickly, efficiently and effortlessly, then I'll reach for my Tour.

I don't get the whole touchscreen/gadget/fun thing. It's a tool, not a toy.

12-19-09 12:30 PM
    Wow. I don't have a Blackberry for its entertainment value. I have a Blackberry because it works. It does everything that it was designed to do, and it does it well. If I want to have fun on a handheld, I'll go buy a PSP or a Nintendo DS. If I want to get the job done, get it done quickly, efficiently and effortlessly, then I'll reach for my Tour.

I don't get the whole touchscreen/gadget/fun thing. It's a tool, not a toy.

If you don't use your phone for entertainment, then you should head back to the 1990s. Phones are no longer just phones, they serve multiple purposes, and blackberries are stuck to just messaging, emailing, and phone features. Now I'm not saying that makes blackberries bad, but that just means blackberries work for a specific audience because that's exactly what they need. And you say you don't have your Blackberry for its entertainment value, yet some people continue to buy the Storm. They tried to fuse fun + work together and failed horribly. Seriously, try to compare a Storm, an iPhone, and a HTC Hero. There is definitely a lot more to do on the iPhone and HTC Hero because they both have a REAL app store and more serious devs for entertaining apps.

I'm not saying go out and get an android device today, all I really want is people to actually try out other operating systems. I'd even say try webOS, but it also doesn't have many apps, but "works." Don't try to bash another operating system because it's not the one you own. I currently have the Tour but I am really not enjoying the OS at all. Even with leaks and stuff, it's far far behind basically every other operating system out there. How many times do you press the menu button, how many times to do you scroll just to open or close an app? I'm ranting for no reason though, to each his own.
    12-19-09 01:19 PM
    HAHA..I left because I thought I liked the iPhone 3GS but noo... I was back! HAHAHAHA...
    12-19-09 01:41 PM
    If you don't use your phone for entertainment, then you should head back to the 1990s. Phones are no longer just phones, they serve multiple purposes, and blackberries are stuck to just messaging, emailing, and phone features. Now I'm not saying that makes blackberries bad, but that just means blackberries work for a specific audience because that's exactly what they need. And you say you don't have your Blackberry for its entertainment value, yet some people continue to buy the Storm. They tried to fuse fun + work together and failed horribly. Seriously, try to compare a Storm, an iPhone, and a HTC Hero. There is definitely a lot more to do on the iPhone and HTC Hero because they both have a REAL app store and more serious devs for entertaining apps.

I'm not saying go out and get an android device today, all I really want is people to actually try out other operating systems. I'd even say try webOS, but it also doesn't have many apps, but "works." Don't try to bash another operating system because it's not the one you own. I currently have the Tour but I am really not enjoying the OS at all. Even with leaks and stuff, it's far far behind basically every other operating system out there. How many times do you press the menu button, how many times to do you scroll just to open or close an app? I'm ranting for no reason though, to each his own.
    I'm not trying to do any OS bashing here. That's certainly not my intention. Like I said, I don't need a super-gadget phone for entertainment, gaming etc. I need push email, physical keyboard, texting, GPS, mapping and browsing. I can quickly get any info I need from browsing on my BB because I know which sites are BB friendly. Every app I need I have on my Tour.

Also, Blackberry isn't limited to what you said; "messaging, emailing and phone features." I am constantly using it to browse the web as well as using many apps like
    Google Maps, Weather, Superpages, Traffic, Dex, Poynt, etc. Try watching YouTube videos on a phone in the 90's. Oh yeah, you couldn't because YouTube didn't exist. I use it a lot for watching sermons on YouTube and looking up scripture in various Bible apps. That's not entertainment, that's learning/education/studying. All of the above, plus the calendar, tasks, docs to go, awesome camera, mp3 player etc., make this far more than just "messaging, emailing and phone features". You couldn't be more wrong about me being stuck in the 90's. Most of the things that I use my BB for weren't even available in the 90's.

I never said it was perfect for everyone, and I certainly won't complain if we ever get a browser as good as Safari or Android, but for now, the way it sits, the Tour is perfect for my needs, and I live on the thing.

If you want an all-in-wonder phone, by all means, go get one. Your phone "needs" are probably greater than mine. As for me and my house, we will stick to Blackberry

Last edited by peligrino; 12-19-09 at 03:57 PM.
    12-19-09 02:22 PM
    I love the blackberry. Its all i need. I dont need games or any of that stuff. I get streamign radio for my football games and for sports talk. I treid to dabble in the touchscreen craze and wow..that was a HUGE mistake. The touchscreen phones are very overrated. My blackberry is great!!! It can do just about anything any other phone can do....I left the BB family once and wont make that mistake again.
    12-19-09 05:50 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD