I was helping a friend who has an android smart phone. She was downloading a ringtone.
    We had the ringtone... Set it but it wasn't working! Then the touch screen wasn't reading our
    Fingers! Then finally we tricked the device using a ringtone editing program and got the
    Device to recognize the ringtone ... Still didn't work...

Passed the phone to someone with a nexus. He couldn't figure it out...
    The broswer was nice but the OS sucked!

Then I showed off the simplicity yet the complexity of my BB! I downloaded the same ringtone!
    Set in less then 10 seconds!

I am never getting any android phone! Yuck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 07:36 PM
    Word, nice looking phones and UI, but I don't feel like OS and I am not a 50,000 app type guy and generally like my phone to last a day with heavy use, which mine does over 2 days...I tried a Cliq for 14 days, turned it back in for my 9700, so I did stray for a couple weeks, but nothing IMO beats a berry in simplicity, yet can hang with the big boys...even my 3rd party browser is as fast as my browser was with the Cliq...and my buddies N1 or my wifes mytouch...oh and my SIL's Driod...they do nothing better than my phone except have more useless apps...

Glad I came back to thee Berry and will talk something crazy with a good battery life to sway me to get rid of my 9700...

05-13-10 08:50 PM
    To each their own. But wow a ringtone ? My incredible puts them up in 3 seconds has flash lighting fast OS that obliviates anything bb. Widgets live widgets apps that actually do stuff and are great . Graphics to die for in games , sick movies, 8mp camera from **** good god the list isn't even started.
    Last edited by nate8u; 05-13-10 at 09:02 PM.
    05-13-10 08:59 PM
    Ha ha, too bad the ring tone failure is user error, as us android users know way better
    05-13-10 09:25 PM
    If I couldn't figure out how to get a ringtone to work, I doubt I'd admit it. So with Android, you need a folder called "ringtones" on your SD card and copy the file there. Then select it from the settings. Problem solved.
    05-13-10 09:28 PM
    I've had a Blackberry for quite a while too ... curve, storm, storm2, then back to the storm1. The blackberry is really great, but I am about ready to make the move over to the DROID myself. My daughter has one (upgraded from a curve) and she really loves it. I've "played" with her DROID several times it's awesome! I think I'll end up with the Incredible, but there's currently about a 2 week waiting list if you order online, so I'll wait a little longer. Hey, the fact they have this waiting list has to tell you something about this smart phone!!
    05-13-10 09:46 PM
    isn't a smart phone supposed to be a jack of all trades????
    05-13-10 10:03 PM
    I'm really not trying to sound mean, but doesn't a smart phone imply the user has to possess smarts as well. Come on, now, this thread over the inability to load a ring tone?? Should potential users be required to pass a test before allowed to order a smart phone? Here's your sign!
    05-13-10 10:26 PM
    With Android outselling Apple in Q1 and RIM stock cratering people are getting sensitive.
    Pffft!
    Wait for the OS 6 disappointment and watch what happens.
    Maybe HP will buy RIM. (snicker).
    05-13-10 11:40 PM
    Yup........android has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-14-10 01:09 AM
    Well it all comes down to this the OP has a tour but has an 8830 as his avatar.......a ringtone issue....nuff said......

p.s. how's the memory leaks?????????
    05-14-10 07:25 AM
    I make my own ringtones on my Droid. I don't see operator error being the fault of the phone.
    05-14-10 07:59 AM
    He is just stuck in his contract for another year justifying why he loves his BB.
    Wow there hasn't been a good flaming in a long time......
    Trendy, very nice... this is one of the first times I've been on contract and I love my phone. I do miss my BB for a few reasons...

1. Sluggish browsing.
    2. Battery pulling
    3. BlackBerry server going down

05-14-10 08:05 AM
    Trendy, very nice... this is one of the first times I've been on contract and I love my phone. I do miss my BB for a few reasons...

1. Sluggish browsing.
    2. Battery pulling
    3. BlackBerry server going down

Oh boy I am smelling something burning here.
    U know even before I read this thread during my commute
    I have been tweaking my phone the last few days.
    That I really dig my phone. This is the best smart phone I have
    had.
    Moto Q, Moto Q9m, HTC XV6800, BB Storm1, and now the Moto Droid.
    This thing rocks........
    BB has nothing on Android.
    BB better get their act together or get left in the dust.
    05-14-10 08:17 AM
    With Android outselling Apple in Q1 and RIM stock cratering people are getting sensitive.
    Pffft!
    Wait for the OS 6 disappointment and watch what happens.
    Maybe HP will buy RIM. (snicker).

RIM really needs to get this OS 6 right or they are going to fall back even more.
    05-14-10 08:42 AM
    If you can't figure out how to set a ringtone on any phone you probably shouldn't be aloud to post in a forum
    05-14-10 09:52 AM
    I say it all in my pin....
    05-14-10 10:06 AM
    I say it all in my pin....
    Yeah Spac even I can set a ringtone even make a custom one...
    05-14-10 10:09 AM
    Well if anyone needs to know how to:
    ON your SD card in the media folder create a folder called notifications and ringtones and audio and alarms if not already there.
    and Place your mp3's in there then your phone should see them
    voila you know have custom ringtones.
    05-14-10 10:41 AM
    I'm not techno person I just like to use my phone and have it work and not cause my blood pressure go up! Just for what it's worth in less time than it took to read this thread (was actually multitasking) I created a ringtone from a cool song using ringdroid and set it as default. Shouldn't be that hard. Now to be fair and balanced I do miss push email with my yahoo account but got around that till android gets that up and running.

Now on the flip side I absolutely LOVE the calendar options and task list options the DROID offers.
    05-14-10 11:19 AM
    They just don't know what to do with this thread now do they
    05-14-10 11:52 AM
    They just don't know what to do with this thread now do they
    Nope! I'll enjoy some radio on my incredible while reading it though
    05-14-10 12:03 PM
    Nope! I'll enjoy some radio on my incredible while reading it though
    Now u are just wrong......
    I think they wanna see what section
    flames out
    Mods are bored
    05-14-10 12:07 PM
    There is a learning curve to everything new to you. Doesn't mean it's good or bad just different then what you are use to.
    05-14-10 12:25 PM
    FM radio? Eww. I can use Slacker just fine on my phone thank you.
    05-14-10 12:31 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD