Recently my curve got messed up I have to wipe my BB and reload my OS for the second time within a week. I was thinking about getting a new curve from Verizon, but my friend said for me to buy the Tour. The only problem is I would have to buy it at full retail price, which really isn�t a problem.

I guess What I am really asking is it worth the money to upgrade to the Tour at full retail Price?
    07-15-09 04:02 PM
    It depends if you really want it, everyone will tell you to get it. Go to the store and play with it and make your own decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 04:06 PM
    It depends if you really want it, everyone will tell you to get it. Go to the store and play with it and make your own decision.

everybody is telling me to get it. But my friend has it so i will try his and see if i like. So far it seems to be better then my curve.
    07-15-09 04:16 PM
    Recently my curve got messed up I have to wipe my BB and reload my OS for the second time within a week. I was thinking about getting a new curve from Verizon, but my friend said for me to buy the Tour. The only problem is I would have to buy it at full retail price, which really isn�t a problem.

I guess What I am really asking is it worth the money to upgrade to the Tour at full retail Price?
    My vote would be no, go with the curve. It should be called the Blackberry Turd, not tour. Probably going to go back to my Curve. I don't use anything multimedia on my BB's. The Turd's keyboard is smaller than the Curve, even though the devices are the same width. Most irritating is they made the SHIFT and SPACEBAR keys smaller on the Turd when there was ample room to make them larger.

OS 4.7.x.x will make you pull you hair out if you are a 4.5 user. Also lots of Curve Apps won't work on the Turd cause of OS 4.7. There is a list out, search this forum.

Personally I think the speaker phone is *worse* that the Curve's. Also many user reporting HORRIBLE battery life. Turning off GPS seems to be the big fix, but didn't the Curve also have GPS, I never needed to turn it off.

Profiles. God help you on this one. If you have customized the default profiles, you are out of luck with the Turd. Not possible to customize the default profiles as with 4.5. Must create new "custom" profiles to get same functionality.

I really want to like this phone, but the Curve's keyboard seems to be one of the driving points. RIM should include a stylus so I can "peek and poke" the damn keys on the keyboard they are so small.
    07-15-09 08:53 PM
    My vote would be no, go with the curve. It should be called the Blackberry Turd, not tour. Probably going to go back to my Curve. I don't use anything multimedia on my BB's. The Turd's keyboard is smaller than the Curve, even though the devices are the same width. Most irritating is they made the SHIFT and SPACEBAR keys smaller on the Turd when there was ample room to make them larger.

OS 4.7.x.x will make you pull you hair out if you are a 4.5 user. Also lots of Curve Apps won't work on the Turd cause of OS 4.7. There is a list out, search this forum.

Personally I think the speaker phone is *worse* that the Curve's. Also many user reporting HORRIBLE battery life. Turning off GPS seems to be the big fix, but didn't the Curve also have GPS, I never needed to turn it off.

Profiles. God help you on this one. If you have customized the default profiles, you are out of luck with the Turd. Not possible to customize the default profiles as with 4.5. Must create new "custom" profiles to get same functionality.

I really want to like this phone, but the Curve's keyboard seems to be one of the driving points. RIM should include a stylus so I can "peek and poke" the damn keys on the keyboard they are so small.
    Turd? Really?
    07-15-09 09:38 PM
    <sigh> I'm gonna come back in 6 months when the tour trolls are gone.
    07-15-09 09:41 PM
    Just the speed difference alone is worth it. I give it 2 thumbs up
    07-15-09 09:47 PM
    I recently changed from curve to Tour (new every 2) and so far I feel as though I made the right choice, BUT, it all depends on what you do with the phone and if your able to get it with some sort of discount.
    07-15-09 09:48 PM

clearly this man was trying to use the phone blindfolded.
    07-15-09 09:51 PM

I respect others opinions and yours but I will say I don't agree
    07-15-09 09:55 PM
    My vote would be no, go with the curve. It should be called the Blackberry Turd, not tour.
    Sorry, but your calling it the Turd made me crack up hysterically, good one. Thanks for the much needed chuckle.
    07-15-09 09:55 PM
    I just turned in my curve for the Tour. It takes a little getting used to, but the extra memory and the speed make it a go for me. I had to fool around with the bb browser because it requires zooming in and out. However, I now use opera mini as much as possible and read that a new browser will soon be available for download. I like the key board much better. I guess it's all what you like and don't like. Fool around with it as much as you can. Not a turd in my opinion.
    07-15-09 10:07 PM
    I checked out a Tour in the local VZ store today and I loved the screen resolution compared to the Curve. I love my curve but she's not irreplaceable!
    07-15-09 10:36 PM
    So far I heard it called the "Toy" and the "Turd" pretty good so far

It really is a beautiful phone both aesthetically and performance wise... I'm glad I talked you into getting it

You will see thought that it is a pretty great phone. I have to go along with everyone else and say that the speed and the memory made up my mind almost instantaneously
    07-15-09 10:51 PM
    So far I heard it called the "Toy" and the "Turd" pretty good so far

It really is a beautiful phone both aesthetically and performance wise... I'm glad I talked you into getting it

You will see thought that it is a pretty great phone. I have to go along with everyone else and say that the speed and the memory made up my mind almost instantaneously
    +1
    07-15-09 10:55 PM
    Ladies and gentleman i went today around 8:30pm eastern time and i upgraded to the Tour and i must say i didn't think twice. The keyboard i think is just as good as the curve maybe better. And speed is unbelievable ten times better then the curve. I had it for 4 hours so far and i can see me have it or a long time.
    07-15-09 10:55 PM
    I checked out a Tour in the local VZ store today and I loved the screen resolution compared to the Curve. I love my curve but she's not irreplaceable!
    i thought my curve was irreplaceable as well, but trust me and some of tghe other when i say the Tour is great phone.
    07-15-09 10:58 PM
    Ladies and gentleman i went today around 8:30pm eastern time and i upgraded to the Tour and i must say i didn't think twice. The keyboard i think is just as good as the curve maybe better. And speed is unbelievable ten times better then the curve. I had it for 4 hours so far and i can see me have it or a long time.
    Even more happy berry addicts !!!

Junkies Unite
    07-15-09 10:58 PM
    I just switched from the curve to the tour and so far I'm liking it. I would say to go and play with the tour and see if you like it.

07-15-09 11:01 PM
    The keyboard i think is just as good as the curve maybe better.

I definitely think the keyboard is better than the curve. I didn't like the separated keys. And I like the feel of this keyboard better to be honest.
    07-15-09 11:05 PM
    Even more happy berry addicts !!!

Junkies Unite
    I'm proud to be a berry addict.
    07-15-09 11:06 PM
    I don't know. I have been playing with the wife's curve while waiting for the tour (from Sprint) and I'm not so sure that I need to spend $200 on the tour. I don't have use it for media, have a low to moderate number of apps and I can just update the theme to get the 8900/Tour layout (rarely am I getting the hourglass on hers and I have put most of the apps on hers that I would put on my own). Also, the curve is a pretty much proven rock-solid phone while the tour (and its OS) likely have a few kinks that will need to be worked out (as all new devices do).

I can get a curve for $50 versus a Tour for $200 and I will be able to upgrade at new customer pricing in 12 months and pick up a cheaper Tour after the bugs have been ironed out, with wifi. But I could be convinced to keep the tour when and if I ever get it...
    07-15-09 11:22 PM
    I dont miss the keyboard at all!! So much easier to type on the tour.

Plus I love that the browser will remember my username and password for more than two websites, saves me the trouble of adding it in.

Have I mentioned it is a ton faster? Still not loving the BB browser, but the Bolt browser does the trick for me.
    07-16-09 07:44 AM
    The Tours Awesome. Fast as heck. Love the resolution and how much memory i have available.

No problems at all.

Its also cool finding new easter eggs...like the stop watch and timer on the clock, multiple alarms in the calendar (curve didnt have that), and youtube plays vids in full screen! NICE!

Gotta love it. It does take some time to change it over. Not too bad, but you want it right, so take the time.

Keyboard to me is close enough to the curve. Looks different, but im typing away all day.

Battery so far does suck a bit, but ive never fully charged it since i got it either. We'll see...i think most that have it and hav ea battery problem have done the same. The first few times breaks it in..doesnt hold the charge as welll, or the indicator shows its fully charged. had that on my original curve as well till it was fully charged a few times.

All in all...a great phone, productivitiy tool and yep...its fun.
    07-16-09 07:53 AM
    def get the tour its worth it, if u dont like it just return it before the 30 days and you can go back to the curve
    07-16-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD