whats the best hybrid out there to use on your 9630?
    04-30-10 03:41 PM
    I'm using Sprint's official 5.0.0.484 on my Verizon Tour and I like it. It's solid, no browser click issue, has good battery life and memory management. I highly recommend it...
    04-30-10 03:43 PM
    so you rather stick with the official then huh? im using Driphters Dv Classic
    04-30-10 03:44 PM
    Yes, the reason being, in MY opinion, is that with a Hybrid you're usually swapping one issue for another. Like for instance, An OS is released and some are having signal issues, so someone creates a Hybrid and swaps radio codes. Now the signal issue maybe fixed, but now Facebook won't work or the camera will not work...
    04-30-10 03:49 PM
    Yes, the reason being, in MY opinion, is that with a Hybrid you're usually swapping one issue for another. Like for instance, An OS is released and some are having signal issues, so someone creates a Hybrid and swaps radio codes. Now the signal issue maybe fixed, but now Facebook won't work or the camera will not work...
    That is a possible scenario, but that would not be a very good hybrid either. If you pick a good hybrid you will only have improvements to your OS.
    04-30-10 04:26 PM
    I'm using Driphter's Dv8.5, which is installed over the .484 base and I love it. For me, the hybrid makes my Web browsing quicker (I use the native BB browser) and my radio signal more stable with no downside that I can see.

However, I've found that the same hybrid can work differently on different Tours, so it comes down to personal preferences and your specific Tour. The same can be said about each OS---some people have done well with the official VZW .519 and others (including me) had their Tours bricked or broken.

I don't pretend to understand it how it all works, but I've tried a number of OSs and hybrids, and for me the Dv8.5 hybrid is the best.

YMMV.
    04-30-10 04:39 PM
    I have heard Great Things about DV8.5, 8.6, DV classic. I am now using the base VZ .591 with te 284 Build and Driphters DV10.4 hybrid- fast reliable and everything is working-

I suggest you read the forums for the experiences of others using various hybrids - which is what I did (and do when new ones come out) - I usually wait to see how others are experiencing them before I load. For instance- I went from dv 8.1 to 10 and now 10.4- I skipped several due to the feedback

Good luck !

Hybdid discussions can be found in forums here an at http://www.bbhybrids.net/or
    Driphter.com
    Last edited by fjfisher601; 04-30-10 at 05:29 PM.
    04-30-10 05:04 PM
    I'm using Driphter Dv8.2 and it is very stable, no browser click issue, smokin' fast browser, 2 minute battery pulls, excellent battery life, and a very strong radio (comes with .484 radio)
    04-30-10 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD