This is a weird problem and I can't find any information on it.

User is on a Verizon Tour 9630, 5.0.0.591. However, this problem is occurring on several other Blackberries in my department, including an older T-Mobile Curve, so I don't believe it is a software problem.

One sender to user formats his messages in HTML. There is one image attached (his firm's logos) to his signature. User can see the image, but cannot see any other attachments on his Blackberry from this one particular sender. It is as though there are no attachments at all, but in Outlook, there are clearly attachments that can be opened. User CAN see and open files attached to HTML formatted messages from other senders. User is insisting that this is a problem with his new Verizon Blackberry Tour, however, I've tried to tell him that this problem is occurring on other Blackberry models as well. The only difference is that I see a paperclip on the message icon, while he doesn't.

I forwarded the attachment to myself and changed the format to Plain Text, and was able to both see and open the attachment (PDF) on my BB. I forwarded said Plain Text message to user, and he was able to open the attachment on his BB.

My guesses:

1. There is some problem or conflict with the HTML format in use by this one sender.
    2. Perhaps the image that is attached is conflicting with other attachments, and BB is simply unable to deal with both types of "attachments."
    3. The message format is actually a mixed format, not strictly HTML (but I can't see any evidence of this in the message when viewing in Outlook).

I'm hoping someone out there has seen this before and can give me some tips. User is a lawyer who doesn't want to offend his client by asking him to send in Plain Text only.

Thank you!
    05-20-10 11:29 AM
    Are the message encrypted? PGP? S/MIME? Often attachments in encrypted messages can have issues... Also if you manage your company's BES, make sure that you have the ability to open attachments of encrypted messages enabled.
    05-21-10 06:47 AM
    I have same problem.
    Emails written in HTML with imaged signatures do not allow my blackberry to see attachments.
    HOW TO FIX? My company colleagues have all signatures with images!!!!

Pls help!!!!!!!!!
    12-12-11 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD