I think for SURE they will not rush it out the door. I think RIM & VZW learned a lesson from the Storm launch.

I don't see it as heavily advertised as the Storm since it's not "revolutionary" but I don't think it will be a soft lauch either. We shall see.
    Oh, they will defintely not rush it out the door. At least, I hope not. We do not need another Storm debacle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 05:26 AM
    my government verizon sales rep told me that the flip and niagara will be available to ship in early summer. we will be able to pre-order them at an earlier date. The niagara is a mix of the curve/bold/storm, so this will be the only qwerty keyboard phone coming out in the next 12-14 months.
    Last edited by mhind52; 03-11-09 at 08:47 AM.
    03-11-09 08:45 AM
    I think that Verizon would want to release an official update for the Storm before they would promote this phone. If this phone was promoted sooner, many people would give up hope for the storm and wait for the launch of the niagra.
    03-11-09 09:36 AM
    I think that Verizon would want to release an official update for the Storm before they would promote this phone. If this phone was promoted sooner, many people would give up hope for the storm and wait for the launch of the niagra.
    That makes sense. However, the 2 phones cater to 2 different markets. Also, Verizon is going to have to lose potential Storm buyers to Bold buyers at some point, so one question is whether a new official Storm update makes a bigger fiscal difference than other factors that exist with selling both models.
    03-11-09 12:19 PM
    3G? Heck, the 8330 and the Pearl 8130 have 3G already.

but they arnt Rev. A
    03-11-09 01:26 PM
    Oh, they will defintely not rush it out the door. At least, I hope not. We do not need another Storm debacle.

I agree the Storm release was a disaster!
    03-11-09 05:44 PM
    Is it official whether or not its going to be on verizon yet?

03-12-09 02:22 AM
    does anyone know if there will be another qwerty released on verizon after the niagara? preferably around september b/c thats when im getting a new phone
    03-12-09 08:36 AM
    does anyone know if there will be another qwerty released on verizon after the niagara? preferably around september b/c thats when im getting a new phone
    Probably more towards Nov/Holiday season, you'll see the Curve "8930" or something like that. Or, maybe it'll be the fabled "Pluto" or "Magnum" or "Jupiter" lol, I forget the names, but it is going to be a half "click touchscreen" and half Bold keyboard. Will that come out on VZW first? Probably not. If I were you, I would pick this up in September or see if the Curve comes out.
    03-12-09 10:16 AM
    The CDMA Pearl Flip 8230 is due on Verizon soon too, "...so no more **** dialing...YEA!!!" It should be out before your upgrade too.
    03-12-09 11:45 AM
    it is what it is. anytime is good when a new blackberry comes out!
    03-12-09 11:59 AM
    I wish Verizon would atleast put out some teasers or something....like take out a one page advertisement in the Newspapers with some new pics of the Niagara...and at the bottom just be like....It's Coming....
    Or something like that....LOL...I find that this whole thing is really like crack...they give me one picture and all I want is the next hit...the next pic...the next tidbit of information....LOL
    If it does come out in May/June like everyone is talking about then shouldn't we be getting more pictures and info by around April?

Think about it...how long before the Storm came out did we know all the detailed info on it??
    03-12-09 02:11 PM
    i talked to a verizon rep today who had no idea what this phone was. i was like ya im a blackberry addict.
    03-12-09 02:21 PM
    I see that Sprint took their 8330 off the website. Weren't they supposed to get a new berry in May as well?....even though their usually last to get new stuff...
    03-12-09 10:10 PM
    I have not heard any word on either the flip pearl ( gag ) or the niagra at this point. They started hyping us up in tech support for the storm in mid august. we got our ( crappy ) training in early November. They told us the Storm would work just like other blackberrys except a touch screen and the html browser ect ect. Half of the options menu is moved around. Its got the potential to be a GREAT phone... touch screens are just not my bag.
    03-15-09 06:29 AM
    My source says ETA is May 15th. I've been waiting for this phone for over a year! My new two was available in August 08...I'm done holding out!

I purchased and returned my Storm after a week. It took that long, only because I went on a business trip. I knew that after a few hours it wasn't going to work for me.

Ya just gotta love all these reps and current Storm users who say give it a month. I don't have a month to compromise my productivity, people!!! Besides, no technology should slow you down that much and cost you money.
    03-17-09 07:44 PM
    ^^^^ Hope your source is right, would be nice to see it come to Verizon even a little sooner than that...
    03-17-09 09:24 PM
    My source says ETA is May 15th. I've been waiting for this phone for over a year! My new two was available in August 08...I'm done holding out!

I purchased and returned my Storm after a week. It took that long, only because I went on a business trip. I knew that after a few hours it wasn't going to work for me.

Ya just gotta love all these reps and current Storm users who say give it a month. I don't have a month to compromise my productivity, people!!! Besides, no technology should slow you down that much and cost you money.
    This makes sense... VZW's been throwing BB's out the door for the last month. At one point Curves were buy one get one. And only $100 out the door. I think with this sale on BlackBerrys their trying to empty out inventory in anticipation of the 9630. Don't know if I can wait till October though (my next upgrade), might have to part with a few hundo to pick this up when it launches (assuming no flaky software).
    03-18-09 02:57 AM
    Vzw plans to release 4 new blackberry phones this year

03-18-09 04:41 AM
    Vzw plans to release 4 new blackberry phones this year

The Niagara, The Pearl Flip,

What are the other two?
    03-18-09 09:18 AM
    The Niagara, The Pearl Flip,

What are the other two?
    8930 (CurveII), and maybe an updated Pearl (candybar), or Storm II?
    03-18-09 09:27 AM
    8930 (CurveII), and maybe an updated Pearl (candybar), or Storm II?
    "CandyBar"??? Seriously!?!
    Where do they get these nicknames from?
    I really don't see what the advantages would be to releasing an updated Curve after they release the Niagara?
    03-18-09 10:15 AM
    Candybar is just the shape of the phone, instead of a flip it's candybar-shaped.

I'm assuming the Curve 8930 would be cheaper.
    03-18-09 12:41 PM
    I think verizon is holding off because the hype of the storm is still here and they don't want the sales on the storm to drop. Also because they want to get the phone right. I hope verizon is the first one to roll it out though

03-18-09 02:52 PM
    I'm sure they will be. I just hope they get the bugs worked out before it gets released for Sprint.

03-19-09 01:52 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD