I personally think that with this...(although I'm not saying that it will be bug free) I think that the chances of serious issues are a lot less likely with a device based off of technology that RIM is already familiar with (Curve & Bold)....and since this is all familiar territory with them I think by now (other than the new features) there really shouldn't be any *bugs* or problems with this phone....BUT they could always prove me wrong...lol
    03-19-09 03:17 PM
    With Niagara being a combo of the 8830 WE, 8930 Curve, and Bold 9000, I don't expect any more BBs in the traditional styling for CDMA this year. The PerlFlip and maybe this touch screen Bold later this year but that's probably it.
    03-21-09 12:59 AM
    With Niagara being a combo of the 8830 WE, 8930 Curve, and Bold 9000, I don't expect any more BBs in the traditional styling for CDMA this year. The PerlFlip and maybe this touch screen Bold later this year but that's probably it.
    thought the 8930 ("Jupiter") was coming ... was on the CDMA roadmap posted a while back.
    03-21-09 09:56 AM
    any ideal when its coming out
    03-21-09 10:00 AM
    any ideal when its coming out
    roadmap had 1h for both 9630 and 8930. personally, i'd prefer 8930, but 9630 is intriguing.
    03-21-09 11:08 AM
    Talked to Sprint's dedicated BB support and during some chit chat I was given an estimated date. The rep stated that a Bold like device should be released around May.

Who knows!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 07:18 PM
    Yeah. I dont see it getting as much love as the Storm did with advertising. The Storm just had more of an appeal with the consumers out there. And a way to attract a new fan base of customers. So they made good money on that. The Niagara will be a good selling BlackBerry more then likley, but wont get as much love that the Storm got I believe. We will see.....
    03-21-09 10:28 PM
    I dont beleive there wil be any major bugs with it when they come out with it since they have alot of experience with the other devices lik eit. Its not like the storm which was a whole diff animal.
    03-22-09 02:05 PM
    I'll be really surprised if we actually see 8930 at this point as it is basically the same as the Niagara more or less, at least not on VZW. Does Jupiter have 3G/EVDO-A? if not then there is no way VZW will pick it up. Maybe a smaller carrier like Telus or Bell or USC.
    03-23-09 01:56 AM
    some things never change.. the constant debate over new devices.. check this thread out.. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...ve-8300-a-863/
    03-23-09 04:10 AM
    some things never change.. the constant debate over new devices.. check this thread out.. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...ve-8300-a-863/
    And from the looks of it BGR is still trying to take credit for other people's work...

03-23-09 08:16 AM
    And from the looks of it BGR is still trying to take credit for other people's work...

thats a shocker. lol
    03-23-09 08:28 PM
    I have a pearl and can't wait for Niagra. Wish Verizon would advertise more about new releases. I'm restless now just thinking about it.
    03-27-09 08:59 PM
    Will they still offer the BlackBerry Curve if/when the Niagra comes out? I don't want to have to spend more money just for a better keyboard...
    03-27-09 09:37 PM
    Will they still offer the BlackBerry Curve if/when the Niagra comes out? I don't want to have to spend more money just for a better keyboard...
    I'm sure it will be around for at least another 6 months or a year (maybe more, it is a solid handset, just underpowered), but the 8830 will go bye bye (at least in stores) right around the time the Niagara is released.

My personal theory is that the Curve and Perl will continue at least through the end of this year (but have permanent price drops to entry level), and the 8830 will be switched to special order only (like the 8703 has been) and they wont bother displaying it in stores anymore.
    03-28-09 12:13 AM
    I'm sure it will be around for at least another 6 months or a year (maybe more, it is a solid handset, just underpowered), but the 8830 will go bye bye (at least in stores) right around the time the Niagara is released.

My personal theory is that the Curve and Perl will continue at least through the end of this year (but have permanent price drops to entry level), and the 8830 will be switched to special order only (like the 8703 has been) and they wont bother displaying it in stores anymore.
    I wonder how much it'll cost...then again, there won't be an Otterbox Case out for it yet...
    03-28-09 08:26 AM
    anyone know the usual duration between leaked pictures and when they release the phone?
    03-29-09 03:56 PM
    The phone will be released in July from very trusted source

03-29-09 09:35 PM
    anyone know the usual duration between leaked pictures and when they release the phone?
    I think it varies a lot from device to device, but if you want to compare the most recent BlackBerry on Verizon, the Storm, I think it was about 4 months after photos first leaked that it went on sale. Since they say that the 9630 OS is very similar to the 9530 OS, I'm thinking it shouldn't take as long since a lot of the problems have been/will be worked out?

I'm just hoping they do it right and not release buggy software, especially since there is no holiday deadline this time.
    03-30-09 06:07 AM
    I don't think it would be fair for verizon to get rights to the new niagara. They got enough with the storm launch and they couldn't even handle that one right I think with at@t advertising the bold and the iPhone so much and vzw spending so much money with the storm and T-Mobile with the blackberry flip pearl if you can even consider T-Mobile a real phone companies anyways but I think its only right for sprint to get the bold niagara all sprint has is the curve and the direct connect curve and that's it sprint really gets screwed with blackberry they don't give the anything new.

I think for SURE they will not rush it out the door. I think RIM & VZW learned a lesson from the Storm launch.

I don't see it as heavily advertised as the Storm since it's not "revolutionary" but I don't think it will be a soft lauch either. We shall see.
    03-30-09 08:18 AM
    I don't think it would be fair for verizon to get rights to the new niagara.
    Since when was business about what is "fair"?
    03-30-09 09:13 AM
    I'm just hoping they do it right and not release buggy software, especially since there is no holiday deadline this time.
    That's very unlikely. The 8900 has a very solid OS as did the 8330 Curve a year ago.
    03-31-09 01:51 AM
    That's very unlikely. The 8900 has a very solid OS as did the 8330 Curve a year ago.
    I hope you're right but I can't help but remember what rim's ceo said about buggy OS
    software being the new reality.

03-31-09 04:00 AM
    If the May release rumor is correct I am in the perfect position. My NE2 is up in mid June. Plenty of time for me to compare the Storm (hopefully running a nice smooth, fast officail OS by then) to the 9630. If the 9630 has been out for a month and a half by then it'll have been plenty of time for any and all problems to have been discussed at length on here helping me make my descision.
    03-31-09 08:32 AM
    why can't my NE2 coincide with the release date of the 9630 for VZW??
    04-02-09 11:42 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD