Okay so this is purely based on the assumption that Verizon will be the first one to get it...which may or may not be true...

How do you think they are going to go about rolling out the Blackberry Niagara?

Do you think that it is going to be a big deal like they did for the Storm or will it just be like...one day you look on the website and it's available (maybe not that way exactly...lol...but you get the point)

It's just that there were soooo many problems with the way they went about releasing the Storm...from Software problems to not having enough in stock to problems with the phones themselves. Maybe and hopefully the reason they are taking so long to release it is that they want to actually do it right this time...lol

Just want to get your take on it...
    What do wish that they would have done differently?
    What do you hope that they do with the Niagara to improve the whole "Roll Out" experience?
    03-06-09 02:28 PM
    I think for SURE they will not rush it out the door. I think RIM & VZW learned a lesson from the Storm launch.

I don't see it as heavily advertised as the Storm since it's not "revolutionary" but I don't think it will be a soft lauch either. We shall see.
    03-06-09 02:32 PM
    I can't remember how far in advance they started advertising for the STORM before it was actually released?

Based on past Verizon Blackberries...what is their usual advertising window? Anyone know....
    03-06-09 02:35 PM
    im sure it will be similar to the bold and 8900 releases it will be advertised but nothing like the storm
    03-06-09 02:37 PM
    I honestly don't see any more advertising hype than what the Curve got when Verizon released it. I agree with the other posts; I seriously doubt you'll see folks standing in line outside for this, like they did with the Storm, and not enough devices to go around.
    03-06-09 08:20 PM
    I think they are just going to roll it out like the 8330. Not much fanfare because it is basically out on AT&T already. Either way, VZW is going to screw it up and so is RIM. I forgot which RIM CEO said it, but he was like, "Don't expect good software out of the box anymore". Great. Nice job, Canada.
    03-07-09 03:31 AM
    I think they are just going to roll it out like the 8330. Not much fanfare because it is basically out on AT&T already. Either way, VZW is going to screw it up and so is RIM. I forgot which RIM CEO said it, but he was like, "Don't expect good software out of the box anymore". Great. Nice job, Canada.
    wow if thats the case that is really disappointing im just hoping its using the same os as bold or 8900 so most of quirks are worked out
    03-07-09 03:37 AM
    I talked to a data consultant for VZW and he said it is on their "Road Maps" for May launch.
    03-07-09 09:03 AM
    I talked to a data consultant for VZW and he said it is on their "Road Maps" for May launch.
    i really hope that is legit. will we be able to preorder this phone like you were able to with the storm when its officially announced?
    03-07-09 09:06 AM
    i really hope that is legit. will we be able to preorder this phone like you were able to with the storm when its officially announced?
    That is just what he told me so who knows for sure. He also said the Pearl Flip is not on their "Road Maps" anymore. Which I thought was weird with all the hype of the CDMA version.
    03-07-09 09:10 AM
    perhaps the 8230 flip is goign to sprint first and niagra to vzw then in a month or so theyll both have both
    03-07-09 09:15 AM
    They will roll it out slow and eff'ed up, how they always manage to roll devices out.
    Last edited by ecko04; 03-07-09 at 11:55 AM.
    03-07-09 11:48 AM
    I have as well heard it will be launched in May. ( Wife works for VZW corporate) I was hoping for this month.. uhg
    03-07-09 11:51 AM
    man i hope this is true!
    03-07-09 11:46 PM
    That is just what he told me so who knows for sure. He also said the Pearl Flip is not on their "Road Maps" anymore. Which I thought was weird with all the hype of the CDMA version.
    Someone told me that a device being removed from the "roadmap" could mean either that the device was not going to be produced, or that it was coming out very soon. Hopefully it's the later (I have a friend who's waiting for the 8230).
    03-08-09 10:05 AM
    I think for SURE they will not rush it out the door. I think RIM & VZW learned a lesson from the Storm launch.

I don't see it as heavily advertised as the Storm since it's not "revolutionary" but I don't think it will be a soft lauch either. We shall see.
    I'll go with that too, i have been patiently waiting for the release, i have wanted this device all along, hence why I still have a Pearl...
    03-08-09 10:26 AM
    I have as well heard it will be launched in May. ( Wife works for VZW corporate) I was hoping for this month.. uhg
    so is a march release date out of the question?
    03-08-09 12:59 PM
    I honestly don't see any more advertising hype than what the Curve got when Verizon released it. I agree with the other posts; I seriously doubt you'll see folks standing in line outside for this, like they did with the Storm, and not enough devices to go around.
    Agreed. This phone is a niche device and they know it. No need to put a lot of heavy advertising into it. It will be in their regular circulars, banner adds online and on the VZW home page and MAYBE a commercial but I honestly don't see it getting any more emphasis than the vast majority of their other phones at launch.
    03-08-09 05:48 PM
    so is a march release date out of the question?
    I would say so given that it is the first week of march and we still have almost no info about it. No confirmed specs and the only pics available are of an undbranded test unit and a year old illustration.
    03-08-09 06:00 PM
    What are the benefits of the Niagara vs the Curve? WHEN will it be out with Verizon?
    Thanks
    03-09-09 10:44 PM
    What are the benefits of the Niagara vs the Curve? WHEN will it be out with Verizon?
    Thanks
    Better keyboard (same as Bold) and 3G, though assuming we ever get an 8930 it will almost certainly also have 3G, but my instinct is that RIM is releasing Niagara instead of both a 9030 and 8930.

No actual dates but most estimates say May or June of this year.
    03-10-09 12:51 AM
    3G? Heck, the 8330 and the Pearl 8130 have 3G already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 03:02 AM
    3G? Heck, the 8330 and the Pearl 8130 have 3G already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    werd.

i can't wait for this device though!

i don't think verizon is going to do any heavy marketing for it though, it's not "revolutionary" like the storm or whatever.
    03-11-09 03:21 AM
    does anyone know that whenever it is officially announced and given a release will we be allowed to preorder or they wont allow that. because i dont wanna miss out on this thing.
    03-11-09 03:26 AM
    ive been waiting so damn long! hurry!
    03-11-09 05:21 AM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD