I'm sure this may have already been asked or discussed, but I tried searching through forum search and on google, but nothing has come up so I'll just go ahead and ask.

How can I tell if my Tour is refurbished? Is there a menu within the Tour that will specify that? I say this because I had to get a new one due to my old one being buggy so I'm wondering if there's anyway I can tell for sure, besides the package that it came in.
    11-01-09 01:05 AM
    Go to tools then: About :scroll down and it will show refurbished: either a Y or a N
    11-01-09 01:08 AM
    go to options>about , at the bottom of the page it will say either "refurbished: Y" or "refurbished: N". y=yes - n=no
    11-01-09 01:09 AM
    I think the whole Yes or No thing in the About screen is for Sprint Tours only and not ones from Verizon.
    11-01-09 01:49 AM
    wow.. I just checked mine, and it shows Y on refurb. How is this possible on brand new Tour?
    11-01-09 01:00 AM
    I think the whole Yes or No thing in the About screen is for Sprint Tours only and not ones from Verizon.
    Agreed....
    11-01-09 01:01 AM
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry� Tour� 9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Think you're right because I have a BlackBerry� Tour� 9630 through Verizon and it does not have the refurbished status in the "About" menu.
    11-01-09 07:57 AM
    wow.. I just checked mine, and it shows Y on refurb. How is this possible on brand new Tour?
    I'd be taking that thing back Monday and giving them an earful about it... and if they deny, well you have the proof on your phone..
    11-01-09 08:08 AM

I agree it doesnt say anything on mine and I know mine is a refurb
    11-01-09 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD