I am new to blackberry and just got the tour. I am coming from windows mobile devices. I have BES and my mail to my inbox comes in fine. But i have a couple of folders in on my exchange acct that pull certain incoming emails into them to keep it seperate from my main inbox. When i go into message and view folders, i see all my folders but when i click on any of them, they are empty. I went to folder redirection and now new messages into those folders show up in my messages folder but not any of the existing???

Also is there a way to add another message icon to the main screen for one of those specific mailbox folders?

Thanks

Philip
    08-02-09 05:22 PM
    Also encountered this problem. BES initial folder population is subject to 2 limits: 14 days of messages or 700 messages. Hit either one and the pre-population is done. Reconcilliation only operates on new messages. Sorry.
    08-02-09 05:26 PM
    What you are trying to do can be accomplished with Desktop Manager. I too have subfolders in my Inbox where my Outlook rules redirect them to the folders skipping my Inbox. Connect your Tour via USB, click E-mail Settings, and then click Folder Re-direction. GO into Selected Folders, and check off the ones you want to re-direct. They all will arrive in your inbox, but once you read them, they will get stored in the sub folders you have choosen. There is no way to have a separate icon on your desktop for specific folders.
    08-02-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD