Is there a way I can sync these two? For instance, I have my gmail account as my main message account, so whenever I get an email it shows up as a new message in my message list, and it also shows up as a new message icon in the little toolbar on top of the main display. I have it set up where if I read a message on my handheld, it shows up as read in my gmail but I want to do the reverse, and if I read a message in my gmail before I get to my handheld, I want it to show up as read on my handheld, and not display the new message notification.

Is this possible? I saw in the options there is some type of reconcile feature, but I could not figure out a way to get it set up so it does what I want it to. I usually read my gmail on my desktop computer before I see it on my handheld, so I hate having to go on my BB and view all of these messages I've already seen just to get that message icon away. Thanks for any help.
    11-15-09 10:20 AM
    I have the same issue, but I believe that option is only available if you use BES (I'm on BIS)...
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong....
    11-15-09 10:40 AM
    gmail does not yet offer a 2 way sync.
    11-15-09 10:52 AM
    gmail does not yet offer a 2 way sync.
    Using BIS, my Outlook email does not sync either....
    11-15-09 11:18 AM
    this will be available when bis 3.0 comes out which will be in 2010
    11-15-09 11:27 AM
    this will be available when bis 3.0 comes out which will be in 2010
    So this will include 2-way sync??
    11-16-09 07:19 AM
    So I guess my Blackberry is not actually logging into my gmail and checking my messages, it's my gmail that is sending a message to my blackberry? Kind of like a text message? That would make sense why it can't sync.

I signed up for a service and accidentally sent 4000+ emails to my gmail the other day. Gmail handled it nicely and displayed all the messages in one thread, since they were from the same person, but my BB freaked out. I was able to do something where I purged them and it deleted them all one by one, but I have no idea what I did to get it to do that.
    11-16-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD