Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi,
    I just switched from Palm to BB and am trying to set up the "visual" calender reminder/popup, but I am only getting LED notification when the screen is black. The screen does not come come to life and it is inconvenient since my text/email and other notification are set up to remind via LED, so I don't know which notification it is. Each time I am forced to "bring the screen to life" to see which notification it was.
    So, is there way to set up the native calendar to light up the screen and bring up the calendar popup/reminder? If not, is there a 3rd party application that allows that? (I tried both Pocket Informant and PocketDay and none bring up the reminders... only LED light is turned on). I guess that tells me that I have to set up the notification on OS.
    Please, help!
    Thanks in advance.
    10-29-09 09:24 AM
    I think BBLight will do this
    10-29-09 09:30 AM
    BerryBuzz will let you change the color of the LED depending on what the event is.
    10-29-09 09:41 AM
    rdot22,

I am trying the BBLight now. It works for the email notification! However, I am currently testing the PocketInformant and it took over native alarm system and maybe that's why the light does not come up for the calender reminder. I will need to remove the PI when I get home and try once again.

Thank you for the great suggestion - you have saved me lots of pain.
    Last edited by zorik72; 10-29-09 at 10:04 AM.
    10-29-09 10:00 AM
    Great news!
    I found an alarm option in PocketInformant and set up option "PI is responsible for alarms" to "Only when PIM sync is off" and this returned the notification control to native calendar.
    And...NOW the backlight is turned on when the calendar reminder pops up.

Thank you!!!!!! for the great help (it may seem insignificant but I have been bummed for two days trying to find a solution in manuals and internet).
    Last edited by zorik72; 10-29-09 at 10:22 AM.
    10-29-09 10:20 AM
    Hi Leftnose,

I wanted to thank you for recommending the BerryBuzz - it is a lifesafer! I used the BBLight to light up the screen when the calendar reminder pop ups and it does a great job. However, if I am not there the reminder goes away and give no further notice that I missed it. I started searching for such apps (and forgot about your message at ), and downloaded BBAlerts. It didn't do a good job, when I tested multiple alerts with it, the calendar reminder popup (BBAlerts brought the screen to life) and wiped out all the other alerts. I messed with the BBAlerts for a great while, until I remembered your message. I downloaded the software and it works life a charm. All four alerts I tested at the same time stayed there and were successfully alternating, even after the BBLight brought the screen to life and the screen dimmed back to black.
    Thanks again for you fast and such a helpful response.
    Zorik.
    10-31-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD