Hello, I recently got a new tour, and I would like to sell my old one, I am not making this a b/s/t thread.

I am asking if its possible to wipe my old number off it so it doesn't show anymore?
    11-18-09 06:54 AM
    On other Sprint phones you could go to ##786# then hit the option to reset the phone (which would require your MSL). There should be a similar option for BBs, but I don't know what that is.
    11-18-09 10:15 AM
    Maybe some whiteout. JK! go to options-advanced options-security wipe. This is in OS 5.0 so if you're running 4.7 i think you go to options-security options-general-hit blackberry key-wipe handheld. This process restores factory settings and all data will be deleted.
    11-18-09 12:26 PM
    Maybe some whiteout. JK! go to options-advanced options-security wipe. This is in OS 5.0 so if you're running 4.7 i think you go to options-security options-general-hit blackberry key-wipe handheld. This process restores factory settings and all data will be deleted.
    Interesting- I have a Tour with OS 5.0.238- on mine it's >Options> security Options> Security Wipe.

Not sure why its differnet for me
    11-18-09 01:25 PM
    Does this remove the information from the radio as well? In my experience with Sprint phones (not BBs) you can erase everything on the phone but the old phone number will still be stored in the radio firmware. That can only be wiped by using the MSL.
    11-18-09 02:25 PM
    Does this remove the information from the radio as well? In my experience with Sprint phones (not BBs) you can erase everything on the phone but the old phone number will still be stored in the radio firmware. That can only be wiped by using the MSL.
    no, doing a device wipe DOES NOT remove the radio programming. u must do a ##786# with the msl code to reset the radio
    11-18-09 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD