So ive made it a habit of going into the same store to show my disdain for the storm (had 4 of them before i called it quits and went back to my razr, most painful wait of my life), and a rep ive been working with most of this time says he'll hold one for me for the whole day of launch so i dont have to go and wait in the morning. I live in southern orange county so i think the demand for this phone might be high, so i was gonna go chill out in the morning and wait it out, but now that this guy is saying that, im not too sure if i should or not. any opinions?
    07-10-09 11:25 AM
    Unless you paid for it in advance or at least put a deposit down I wouldn't trust him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:35 AM
    no sir,he seems to be just doing this out of the kindness of his own heart. he also told me how many the southern california region would be getting, which seemed kind of sketchy
    07-10-09 11:39 AM
    Let's say I'm your VZW store rep and I tell you I'm holding one for you without any of your money. My store sells all of the Tours except the one I'm holding for you. Someone is already in the store ready to buy and you haven't shown yet. I'm taking the sure sale and I'm confident my store manager would make sure I did too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:42 AM
    yes, although wouldnt it be grand for a verizon wireless rep to keep his word for once? ugh, so i guess thatll be me sitting in front of the store with my ds at 7 on sunday :/
    07-10-09 11:46 AM
    yes, although wouldnt it be grand for a verizon wireless rep to keep his word for once? ugh, so i guess thatll be me sitting in front of the store with my ds at 7 on sunday :/
    It's what a lot of people are doing. First come, first serve.
    07-10-09 11:48 AM
    I'm sure he'll hold it for you if they don't sell out Sunday morning; he gets the sale that way. But if there are more customers in line than they have Tours they will be selling to the ones who showed up on a first come first served basis.
    07-10-09 11:51 AM
    yeah but i dont think they were exactly doing this for everyone the rep just offered it because i came in asking about it. the real killer is not knowing how big the hype is for the phone, so not knowing whether or not to come pick one up and wait in line before
    07-10-09 11:53 AM
    If he said he'll hold it for you, I'm sure he'll hold it. It's always good to build strong relationships with vendors you rely on. It's far easier than than being reduced to either begging or briding the Sales rep with some sort of Manual manipulation under his desk.

Enjoy the Tour. I hope it works out better for you than the storm did. I'm sure it will!!!
    07-10-09 11:56 AM
    well actually, the last storm i had i got in an act of desperation to get the tour for free, but since i opened a line to get my storm, and my line i use my storm on had an upgrade, i had no choice but to sell the phone. dumbest. rule. ever.
    07-10-09 12:00 PM
    Depends. How far can you throw him?

I'd get there early anyway. Maybe not before the store opens, but maybe as close to when the store opens as you can.
    07-10-09 12:31 PM
    Getting there early would likely help. The sales staff with notice you, you'll get a first spot in Line, Etc Etc.

Remember on the Sopranos when Vito went to work early that one morning and Meadow's boyfriend saw him blowing another construction worker? In no way, shape or form am I say to do that, but getting there early definately has it's advantages.
    07-10-09 12:37 PM
    So ive made it a habit of going into the same store to show my disdain for the storm (had 4 of them before i called it quits and went back to my razr, most painful wait of my life), and a rep ive been working with most of this time says he'll hold one for me for the whole day of launch so i dont have to go and wait in the morning. I live in southern orange county so i think the demand for this phone might be high, so i was gonna go chill out in the morning and wait it out, but now that this guy is saying that, im not too sure if i should or not. any opinions?
    Did he tell you that his word is his bond?
    07-10-09 12:37 PM
    does ANYONE keep their word anymore, let alone a customer sales rep from verizon wireless? he took my number down and everything and said he'd give me a call today because theyre getting them in today supposedly.
    07-10-09 12:43 PM
    might be possible if your a highly attractive woman...
    07-10-09 01:33 PM
    might be possible if your a highly attractive woman...
    this

10char
    07-10-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD