I think DM shows that BB Maps are installed on the handheld. There is a check mark along BB Maps and the action is *nothing*

I did in fact delete BB Maps a few days ago.

How does one get DM to reload BB Apps?

TIA
    12-07-09 09:00 AM
    If you can't find it on your phone then go to BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com
    12-07-09 09:28 AM
    It seems that DM must do the BB Map App install.

The BB DL portal declines to install the Map app. Below is message returned.

(This 9630 Tour is one week old and has the latest SW - v4.7.7.61)
    12-07-09 09:38 AM
    I am not trying to degrade blackberry maps because it simply works, however Google Maps is by far a more superior map from my experience. With that said I used the following link from my PC (it's just simpler) BlackBerry - BlackBerry Maps Download
    It ask me for my email address that I use on my phone, it sent me a link, I clicked on it and presto I have a download link on my phone that I clicked on and can download OTA. At the above link you may also download it to your PC and have it to load/reload with the BB DM I hope this works well for you
    12-07-09 10:06 AM
    Using the link you offer, I can't get the DL to PC to work. See the thumbmail in my previous post.

I hesitate to give BB the email requested for the OTA DL. BB says it and 3rd parties will use the email to send you "stuff."
    12-07-09 10:12 AM
    Google Maps for sure!!!!
    12-07-09 10:25 AM
    Using the link you offer, I can't get the DL to PC to work. See the thumbmail in my previous post.

I hesitate to give BB the email requested for the OTA DL. BB says it and 3rd parties will use the email to send you "stuff."
    I can understand the hesitation for giving out your BB email acct, so just give then your [email protected] address, they already know it and could send you junk mail at any time I guess, fact is they don't.

I am running a Hybrid, so things are gonna ge a little different for you. If you still have it on your BB then you can find it by going to Options>applications>then at the top change it to Add-On. If you have BB Maps on your phone then it will show up, 3rd one down on my list. I can click on mine and delete it (not willing to do that with my short amount of time available to you right now) but there may be an install button there. Also another thing to check on home screen click BB key>BB key and show all, it may be there and can be restored. Hope some of this helps, I am short on time or I would gladly walk through this more in depth, even delete mine so I could fix it with you. Good luck and keep us informed. Worse case scenario you should be able to download to pc, on DM if it doesnt show to let you load click browse and find the file, load it that way.
    12-07-09 10:30 AM
    Google Maps for sure!!!!
    +5 on that, google maps is far superior and you can have Poynt use it rather than BB Maps, making it even better. Furthermore download the whole google mobile app, voice recognition searching and will let you click on it to give directions. Google is not better than Poynt in my opinion, Poynt rocks!!!!
    12-07-09 10:33 AM
    If you have BB Maps on your phone then it will show up, 3rd one down on my list.

Interesting, BB Maps 4.7.1 is the fourth down on the Applications menu!

There is an option to DELETE; see no option to INSTALL.

Maybe I've just deleted BB Map icon from the handheld.

I'll keep playing with this as time permits.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Bill
    12-07-09 10:50 AM
    jlang, fallen, and all

Thank you for the suggestions on BB Map and recommendation on the Google Map.

1) Google Map has been installed all along. It did not give precise enough location information - unless the GPS has been configured Options->Advanced ->GPS. Now that that has been done, GM works fine and I may like it.

2) Finally BB Map icon appeared. I think it had something to do with setting App Permissions - but maybe not.

Anyway, I will now be able to evaluate both map services and see what works for me.
    12-07-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD