Is there a way to move certain emails to a new folder that I create? I have so much email that it's difficult to access my older ones quickly when i need to..
    I feel like this should be very basic, and i've gone through a bunch of options but have yet to find a way to do this.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    10-29-10 01:21 AM
    Is there a way to move certain emails to a new folder that I create? I have so much email that it's difficult to access my older ones quickly when i need to..
    I feel like this should be very basic, and i've gone through a bunch of options but have yet to find a way to do this.
    There are many ways to skin the cat, but one option that comes to mind would be to create a new email account. You can have [email protected], forward all you old emails to that addy. That will give you the option to not just have the old emails in a folder on your phone but you will have them accessable offsite as well if you loose your phone.
    10-29-10 02:06 AM
    Wow! you went way off course with that response to his question. He just wants to be able to create and move emails into that folder. You know, organize his emails. To answer your question, with the blackberry you can't create folders. You are unfortunately stuck with what you have. This is one of the features that although should be standard is a limitation of the blackberries themselves. This is the one thing I hated when I had my tour.
    10-29-10 11:08 AM
    constant browsing with your device will get you through with it.
    10-29-10 01:48 PM
    Wow! you went way off course with that response to his question. He just wants to be able to create and move emails into that folder. You know, organize his emails. To answer your question, with the blackberry you can't create folders. You are unfortunately stuck with what you have. This is one of the features that although should be standard is a limitation of the blackberries themselves. This is the one thing I hated when I had my tour.
    I hate to dispute your answer Rockafella but all you have to do is go to the main BB screen where all your apps are and hit the BB button and scroll to "ADD A FOLDER" and name it what you want. Easier why not just save the emails so they go directly into your saved messages folder.
    10-29-10 04:03 PM
    You cannot create folders in which to place or direct your email messages. Rockfella's answer is correct.

Jaguearr40, while it is true that you can add folders to the Home Screen, they cannot be used to place or direct email messages. They can only be used to place icons. You can move the WHOLE icon for an email address (or for the Message application) but you cannot direct individual (or even groups) of messages to a folder like that.
    10-29-10 07:57 PM
    You cannot create folders in which to place or direct your email messages. Rockfella's answer is correct.

Jaguearr40, while it is true that you can add folders to the Home Screen, they cannot be used to place or direct email messages. They can only be used to place icons. You can move the WHOLE icon for an email address (or for the Message application) but you cannot direct individual (or even groups) of messages to a folder like that.
    MM... I stand corrected as always and admit when I am wrong and to you as well Rockafella. The OP though can always just save the email which will place a copy in the saved email folder as I do.

Thank you MM for reminding me how it works.
    10-30-10 03:51 PM
    No problem. I had a storm 2 and a tour over the course of 1.5yrs.
    10-31-10 08:36 PM
    With a Gmail account, you can set up "folders" (labels). You can then move email out of your Inbox. The mail will remain in your "All Mail" folder, but will not be visible in the Inbox. With Gmail labels, you can also file mail into specific folders if desired.
    11-01-10 06:14 AM
    With a Gmail account, you can set up "folders" (labels). You can then move email out of your Inbox. The mail will remain in your "All Mail" folder, but will not be visible in the Inbox. With Gmail labels, you can also file mail into specific folders if desired.
    He wanted to be able to manage all his emails from the blackberry itself. Not log into his computer and do it. Makes sense to me, yet you still can not accomplish this on the blackberry. He wants to make different labels/folders and organize his emails accordingly. All this on the mobile side.
    11-01-10 10:50 AM
    He wanted to be able to manage all his emails from the blackberry itself. Not log into his computer and do it. Makes sense to me, yet you still can not accomplish this on the blackberry. He wants to make different labels/folders and organize his emails accordingly. All this on the mobile side.
    Rockafella,
    I hate to admit this but I am getting a bit over where RIM is going and especially with yours and my carrie... VZW... I am also leaning to make a move in Mrch to a Droid Incredible, or Samsung Facinate or the Possible iPhone which is no longer rumor and according to Fortune Magazine now a reality according to the VZW CEO and Steve Jobs of Apple so we shall see but I am not going to stay with or upgeade to another BB and I have had 5 of them over the years. I am just pretty much over all the Battery pulls and memory leaks.
    11-01-10 03:00 PM
    I hear what you are saying Jaguarr40. I was tired of the battery pulls/restarts because my phone would constantly run out of memory space all the time. Not to mention it taking 10 min for it to start up. I'm in no way bashing the blackberry at all but merely pointing out what made me switch phones. When the phone is running it would do things i needed it to do, but not as efficient. I would always get the hourglass icon like it was a hard drive loading information. I thought I would really miss BBM but found an awesome alternative that just launched like last week. its call LiveProfile — Stay Connected — BlackBerry Messenger Alternative. They are working right this minute for support with the iphone and blackberry. The program actually assigns a pin number to you and thats what you give out. it functions and looks like BBM too. There are plenty of programs on the the android market that you can find as replacements if not the same apps. This was one of my biggest concerns since I had a great finance and password manager that synchronized with my laptop. The programs are cheaper too. exdocs2go) $49 for blackberry Android ($14.99) battery life isnt the best with the stock battery but I had ordered a seidio 1750 extended battery for it right after i had ordered my phone and it will last me all day. Its the stock size so doesn't add bulk. I could keep going on about it but I realize this isn't the Android section and i don't want people think I've turned into a BB hater because I haven't. I still check these forums almost everyday to try and help people if I feel I can from the experience I've had.
    11-01-10 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD