There are a lot of tours with loose battery covers, overly sensitive screens, laggy trackballs, and a few people including me have recessed trackballs that are way too squishy compared to others..

i know some people dont care about some of those minor problems, of course they are not deal breakers..but i know there are people out there including me that are complete nit picks and need the phone to be perfect..

im on the verge on switching my phone for another one to see if the trackball will be better and if the battery cover is solid..

how many of you guys already exchanged your tours for these problems or are going to?
    07-14-09 12:58 AM
    I actually went into the Verizon store today to return it for a solid battery cover since mine was loose. The guy takes my phone, goes into the back, and comes back and tells me they are all like that. He then proceeds to take me to the back where I confirm that every model back there has a loose battery cover.

I told him, "There's no way they are purposely made like that, right?" and he just kind of shrugged. I walked out of the store since I didn't have time to argue.

Regardless, I cut some two thin strands of electrical tape and put them underneath the battery cover. Worked perfect.
    07-14-09 01:02 AM
    bah i really hope telus doesnt have this problem
    07-14-09 01:04 AM
    I will. My trackball is laggy horizontally.
    07-14-09 01:04 AM
    For the specific trackball squishyness...i personally feel that rim possibly wanted to give the trackball some give (since the trackball is recessed inwards like the curve 8330 and the tour is pretty level with the whole face of the phone). This would probably prevent some accidently trackball clicks and if one is going naked and putting it in the pocket i am sure they wouldnt want the trackball to be clicked. But i could be wrong thats just my thought.
    07-14-09 01:05 AM
    I will. My trackball is laggy horizontally.
    As is mine, it was doing it every minute or so when i first started to use the phone. not it hardly does it..but will do it once in a while..

For the specific trackball squishyness...i personally feel that rim possibly wanted to give the trackball some give (since the trackball is recessed inwards like the curve 8330 and the tour is pretty level with the whole face of the phone). This would probably prevent some accidently trackball clicks and if one is going naked and putting it in the pocket i am sure they wouldnt want the trackball to be clicked. But i could be wrong thats just my thought.
    Humm.. actually that does sound like a good idea.. thanks for that.. i might not return this now. ive never used a blackberry before so i would have never known that
    07-14-09 01:06 AM
    I think I've had it with BlackBerry's. Too poorly made (anyone have a computer mouse with a ball? Can one even be bought? There's a reason your answers are NO). Push e-mail is great but if that's the best RIM can do I'm open to other Verizon phone options but leaning heavily towards a 3GS. Been screwing with this Storm since release date & my 8330 is a step backwards.

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 04:59 AM
    I think I've had it with BlackBerry's. Too poorly made (anyone have a computer mouse with a ball? Can one even be bought? There's a reason your answers are NO).
    mighty mouse from mac has a ball the same as the blackberries do (if you meant that type of ball).

anyways, returned mine yesterday because of headphones. asked to check out the new device and they said sure. messed with it for a god 5 minutes before it was activated on my account and it works great. no rippling, trackball is great, headphones work fine.
    07-14-09 06:01 AM
    mighty mouse from mac has a ball the same as the blackberries do (if you meant that type of ball).

anyways, returned mine yesterday because of headphones. asked to check out the new device and they said sure. messed with it for a god 5 minutes before it was activated on my account and it works great. no rippling, trackball is great, headphones work fine.
    Yes, and the mighty mouse it the worst part of a Mac Desktop.
    07-14-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD