Anyone have an idea of how many tours each verizon store will get? What time (reasonable time) do you think I need to get there to guarantee myself a tour?

The only reason I ask is because my return date for my Storm has been extended to the 12th so I have to get one on that day. Thanks in advance!
    07-02-09 08:57 AM
    I heard they are getting 2 in each store.

But seriously, I think you'll be fine if you walk in Sunday morning. I am getting there an hour before they open because I am really needing the phone right now...I cannot stand the Storm anymore.
    07-02-09 09:05 AM
    I heard they are getting 2 in each store.
    AAACKK!!! What are you trying to do???? Give me heart failure????
    07-02-09 09:09 AM
    some stores will will have 10 tours if not less. Verizon has already said there will be a shortage on opening day. Just like the storm, when it came out my store just had 7 of em
    07-02-09 09:12 AM
    some stores will will have 10 tours if not less. Verizon has already said there will be a shortage on opening day. Just like the storm, when it came out my store just had 7 of em
    yeah i had gotten really lucky when i managed to get my storm on release day. if i wasnt an observant consumer while the rep i was working with was working on the order for me, i wouldve had to wait a while.

at the time i went all the storms had been spoken for via orders earlier in the day. however i noticed a customer who showed up after me and wasnt picking up a pre order get one. so i was like how come he got one? very politely just wondering why someone managed to get a storm when they were spoken for and it didnt have the little "goody bag" given to others. turns out some retracted their orders and i managed to get the last one available

6 months later im wanting the tour because the storm is just frustrating me to death
    07-02-09 09:16 AM
    Really? When did they say this?
    07-02-09 09:19 AM
    most vzw get their shipments in the middle of the week.
    Last edited by minckhe; 07-02-09 at 09:43 AM. Reason: ninja edit.
    07-02-09 09:42 AM
    I hope some VZW reps will come here and post what their stock is when that happens.
    07-02-09 11:30 AM
    can you call ahead of time and have one held for you?
    07-02-09 11:38 AM
    can you call ahead of time and have one held for you?
    Maybe if you know the right person at that store and they feel compelled to do you a favor. But don't count on it.
    07-02-09 11:47 AM
    My upgrade is technically not until 9/20, but a rep told me I could upgrade as early as 7/20. Since I obviously can't get one on release day, how long do you think it will be before they get more Tours, assuming they sell out on the 12th?
    07-02-09 12:08 PM
    since the 12th is a sunday, and the following wednesday is the 15th, theres a good chance that more will trickle in that day; as well as many more should the vzw supply chain system see that more stores are in need of more phones in the form of drop shipments.

With the phone dropping on two US carriers simultaneously as well as another couple canadian carriers, I don't foresee inventory being an issue because its not an "exclusive" like the storm.
    07-02-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD